Mediterranean Class ~Ends March 18th

Quote:
Not a bad Black Leghorn. I've handled some from Duane's breeding. I think the females are stronger than the males. The females from that line I've handled had teriffic body type. He's also done a good job keeping the legs very yellow-not always easy to do on a black bird.

Thanks for the compliment. I agree with you about the females, they look alot better than the males. His defect that I have noticed when compared to other leghorn cocks like whites is that his legs have a slight green tint to them. We crossed him with his hen from Duane Urch and some how got a few that had some black speckles in their legs but other than that they look great.

What do you think of the barred leghorns? They came from Phil Bartz, I think he is an APA judge but he may be an ABA judge.

Thanks again,
Michael.

I think your barred Leghorns are really nice, but being bantams they would be in Single Comb Clean Leg at a show...not Mediterranean......The Med class should be for Large Fowl only. JMHO Jane

No Prob...they really are very nice..there is another online contest here for non white leghorns ....enter them there!!! jane

Breed/ Leghorn
Variety/ Light Brown
Gender/Cockerel

18207_codi_babies_2009_007.jpg

Breed/Leghorn
Variety/Light Brown
Gender/Hen

18207_codi_babies_2009_006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom