Medium sized, safe coop

I have to agree with PirateGirl about the latches and about the staples.

The nest box latches in particular bother my sense of security. I have a dog that opens latches more complicated than those. These would be no problem for a raccoon at all. The latch type on the clean out door just needs a carabiner added to keep it latched.

I was thinking a furring strip would do the trick as well. I used screws and washers on the bottom because it wouldnt be seen, but knew it wouldnt look so nice on the rest of the coop (whereas the staples are barely noticeable in comparison)....but a furring strip will further secure the seams without ruining the aesthetic.
Thank you again for your concern!!

I have to agree with PirateGirl about the latches and about the staples.

The nest box latches in particular bother my sense of security. I have a dog that opens latches more complicated than those. These would be no problem for a raccoon at all. The latch type on the clean out door just needs a carabiner added to keep it latched.

Yeah, I just replied to Pirategirl about adding furring strips to further secure the seams...I'm less concerned with the latches, but those things are easily fixable.

Pretty nice job!! @chrisrob31
I see a couple things that might be tweaked, but....
Welcome to BYC!
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
View attachment 1784511

Thank you! I added my location, which is just outside of New York city, btw. (I just joined the site, so I'm very much a newbie here.)

I was thinking a furring strip would do the trick as well. I used screws and washers on the bottom because it wouldnt be seen, but knew it wouldnt look so nice on the rest of the coop (whereas the staples are barely noticeable in comparison)....but a furring strip will further secure the seams without ruining the aesthetic.
Thank you again for your concern!!
Or you could use fancy trim...but definitely needs to be more secure.

Back
Top Bottom