Meetup at the OH National show 11/09

By Sunday most of the good sale birds will be gone. If you're going to the OH National to buy birds, get there early on Saturday (or even Friday afternoon, if it's open to the public then.)

We'll be at Lucasville too, hoping for good weather!

Quote:
guess I don't read well....I thought this thread was about the Lucasville show in 2 weeks.....we will be at the Ohio nationals also.

Mrs. Turbo :

guess I don't read well....I thought this thread was about the Lucasville show in 2 weeks.....we will be at the Ohio nationals also.

That's probably cuz Laura's got another one that looks just like this one for the Lucasville show.
Quote:
That would be great, I would love to meet you, Chris. Would you be bringing some buckeyes if you come?​

Last edited:
Quote:
That's probably cuz Laura's got another one that looks just like this one for the Lucasville show.
Quote:
That would be great, I would love to meet you, Chris. Would you be bringing some buckeyes if you come?

He better!
wink.png

Jenjscott wrote:That would be great, I would love to meet you, Chris. Would you be bringing some buckeyes if you come?

Yes, I am bringing some cockerels. I haven't picked them out yet, but I have registered & booked my hotel room. I am looking forward to meeting all you!

Chris​

Quote:
Yes, I am bringing some cockerels. I haven't picked them out yet, but I have registered & booked my hotel room. I am looking forward to meeting all you!

Chris

Excellent! Not sure how I'll fit all this hobnobbing in (supposed to be hosting the Dutch Eastern National too), but I will, somehow!

Quote:
I lost 3 chickens today. No buckeye's luckily. Spare cockerel and 2 comets. Maybe I go on Sat. morning. How hard it is to intergrate new chickens into a flock? I've always introduce chicks which wasn't that hard.

When I introduce new birds to an existing flock, I try to always do it at night. Chickens are funny, they seem to think that if they wake up with new birds around them, "Well gee, you must have been here all along!"

Mind you, there will still be squabbling, but not as much as there would be if you put new birds in during daylight.

The other option is to create a small pen for the new birds where the existing flock can see them, but not get at them, for about a week, then do the nighttime integration after that.

Back
Top Bottom