Membrane blocking egg

Do you know how much tablet to give? I had broken up one in pieces and she ate a few pieces. Can you please suggest how to give a chicken a pill? That's new😊

I also wonder about signs of pain? I read being lethargic, like anyone, right🤔 Isolating, eyes closing and hiding I saw once in a video. That hen didn't make it. The owner discovered it too late.😞
Minimizing action reduces the likelihood of aggravating pain, in my experience. Perhaps she's pushing less because it hurts? So more bath/salts. And apply anti-inflammatory agents that are chicken safe? Coconut oil is pretty safe. It has antimicrobial characteristics. Maybe others?

Do you know how much tablet to give? I had broken up one in pieces and she ate a few pieces. Can you please suggest how to give a chicken a pill? That's new😊
The whole thing. It's not gonna hurt her.

You open the beak, & place the tablet on the back of the tongue. She'll swallow it.

I also wonder about signs of pain? I read being lethargic, like anyone, right🤔 Isolating, eyes closing and hiding I saw once in a video. That hen didn't make it. The owner discovered it too late.😞
Minimizing action reduces the likelihood of aggravating pain, in my experience. Perhaps she's pushing less because it hurts? So more bath/salts. And apply anti-inflammatory agents that are chicken safe? Coconut oil is pretty safe. It has antimicrobial characteristics. Maybe others?
Hydrocortisone cream is safe. I like the stuff with aloe. But I don't think a cream is necessary unless there's visible prolapse.

Try to locate an opening in the membrane to get the egg out.
Yes, thank you. I've tried several times to see if I could see the egg. But gently swiping my finger around with oil. But it's all pink membrane. It may be more like a prolapse event by now Or like she may push out egg and her own tissue which is a prolapse, I believe. I don't know if birds can recover from that? Seems like it may permanently damage her.

4-5 days? She is seriously in trouble, & poultry are really good at hiding pain.

Are you able to get some calcium Citrate Tablets? It help with contractions so she can pass the egg.View attachment 3634609View attachment 3634612
I see what you mean about pain in a chicken. So, chickens try to avoid showing signs of pain to avoid appearing weak and susceptible to attack. A kind of instinctual habit👍 I got it. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom