Memories of a Chick

Quote:
Thanks so much everyone, for the compliments. Compliments on my photos are one of the best things I can get!

No, I'm not a professional photographer - I hope to be one day, on the side of medical school. I consider myself one, none the less. I do, however, have professional equipment. I shoot with a SLR camera - a Canon Rebel XSI, and these photos were taken with Canons new macro lens - EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM. I do favor the lens quite a bit, and I adore my camera.

KristaBeth - Yeah, I was thinking the coloring looked much more along the lines of a black chick than a barred one.

Last edited:
How wonderful that they made it through the flood. Absolutely adorable babies!!
big_smile.png

Hi. My name is Mika. I’m a dorking….from what my momma tells me. Momma told me how lucky we were to make it home safe. She told me that to get here, we had to travel across places that had been flooded, that they were under water. I’m not sure what a flood is, but oh well. She sure did make a fuss over me, telling me what a good girl I was, and how pretty I am. I’m really starting to like her.

The first thing I remembered was hatching. It was tough! Then, I was put into bins and moved around. There were other chicks everywhere! It was so loud, but my brothers and sisters comforted me – if I wasn’t getting trampled. I remember somebody handling me, then getting shoved in a bin, with my sisters. I wondered what was going on! Soon, I was thrown into a box with strangers - most bigger than me! But I met Skye, and we got along great. She is small, and we get along well.

The ride to where we are now was long. I remember being put in a box…..it was dark, and was cold. I was glad so many of my friends were there for warmth. I remember bouncing around, and peeping to the top of my lungs! It went on for so long.

Suddenly, I heard someone saying “They’re here!” and we were put into a warm space. It felt so good! But then we had to leave again. I heard a woman telling us how glad she was we were home. I was told that is my grandma. She told us how bad she wanted to get us out of the box. I agreed! She made us warm again, and talked to us softly. It was hard not to start going to sleep! I was so tired.

Suddenly, we were bounced around, I heard screeching – then, someone say “My babbies are home!!” I now know that was my momma. We were taken in a warm room, and suddenly, the top was lifted off the box! Momma took us out one by one and inspected us. Told us how cute we were, how glad she was we got home safe. She showed us the food and water, then watched us. The red light was SO warm.

12583_img_2479.jpg

And she told us how she didn’t like us having fun….scratching in the food, splashing in the water….pecking stuf…….but she must really love us – she let us do it! She let us be to sleep for awhile, but always came back in soon to check on us.

She just come in to “put us to bed”. She picked up all of us, checked our butts, (why, I’m not sure!) and put us in a separate bin. What was she doing?! The warm light was gone!
She told us to quiet down, that she was cleaning the brooder. Whew! I didn’t want to go through shipping again! And I’m so ready for bed. She picked us up, and cuddled us all goodnight. I tried to tell her I wanted to sleep in her hand, but she told me she had to go to bed too. I got out, but told her I didn’t want to.

She told us goodnight, and that she loved us.

I think I’m really going to like this place.

Congrats on the beautiful babes. The photos are great. The story is the greatest, keep telling it please. You are indeed gifted as well as Mika. You made my day, thank you both.

What wonderful photos of your chicks! They are beautiful! And I loved the story from the chick's point of view!

Back
Top Bottom