Mentoring

Now what else is wrong with your coop ?it's probably not as severe as you think.
1f423.png

The coop floor is made of wood sitting directly on the ground with no wire underground. My husband and I are not physically. Able now to put it in. And im worried now that the floor my rot. I did use pressure treated wood. Should i do something to shore it up? Someone suggested to put electrical wire around the coop to keep the dogs from digging at it. But am worried about human door swing or stepping over it

You can dig a simple "trench" around the edges of the coop and pour bags of cement in....grab the hose and add some water...

Some spots we threw the dirt back over the cement....so it doesn't look like the cement is all the way around the coop but it is....
This coop has been up for 2 years...nothing has dug into it.

Ok....what about those cement square that are pre made at a big box store..like home depot?

The coop floor is made of wood sitting directly on the ground with no wire underground. My husband and I are not physically. Able now to put it in. And im worried now that the floor my rot. I did use pressure treated wood. Should i do something to shore it up? Someone suggested to put electrical wire around the coop to keep the dogs from digging at it. But am worried about human door swing or stepping over it

I don't think you have to run the wire across the human door area....just start on one side of the door and go all the way around and end at the other side of the door....make sense?

Did you have a lot of varmints that you think are actually going to dig into the Run? if not don't worry about it . As far as the pressure treated wood my dog runs are 21 years old . they're made out of pressure treated wood and the wood has been sitting on the ground in Pennsylvania weather for 20 years . it hasn't rotted . I don't think you're going to have a problem with your pressure treated floor.
Karen

I think Op is having trouble trying to keep her own dogs from digging into the coop.

I think it just takes time...time training the dogs to leave the coop alone.
I too had trouble when I first brought chickens into my dog's yard...
they did NOT like them...after a few months of constant reminding the dogs to stay away.....they have learned to live with the chickens...not wanting to constantly kill them.

I did not have linoleum or anything on my wood floors ( and they weren't pressure-treated) .they did just fine because the diatomaceous earth keep the floor dry.

Back
Top Bottom