Meow Meow Monday!!!

Pics
Time to bump this thread...

View attachment 3797082
View attachment 3797083
Meet Wisp, one of the feral/stray cats hanging around my yard. I saw him kill a squirrel, which means he's a mouse, shrew, and mole killer, and therefore is welcome. He talks a lot, but as he appears to have Flame-point Siamese in his heritage I'm not surprised. Both of my Siamese were vocal.

He's getting canned food because one by one I am trapping ferals in order to get them neutered (TNR), and canned food is what attracts them to the trap.

He's not ready to be petted, maybe someday. Yesterday Alice let me gently stroke her back as she ate.

Alice sleeping under the bird feeders :lol:
View attachment 3797095

Here they both are, sunbathing:
View attachment 3797094
I trapped Wisp and took him to the spay clinic. He's a SHE, and already spayed, that's twice I've caught a cat that was already neutered.

Now I have to remind myself that Wisp is a girl, Wisp is a girl...

IMG_20240421_173152828~2.jpg

Worthless furball...

Wisp has discovered the warmth of a composting Hugelkulture bed...
IMG_20240426_163526227~2.jpg

Looks like just another benefit of having a hügelkultur raised bed!

BTW, I noticed that those 4X4 posts look like they were cut in half and stacked. Did you buy a raised bed kit like that or did you make your own?

I like the idea of easily slipping in boards into the groves of those posts. That would certainly make it super easy to put together a raised bed.

Looks like just another benefit of having a hügelkultur raised bed!

BTW, I noticed that those 4X4 posts look like they were cut in half and stacked. Did you buy a raised bed kit like that or did you make your own?

I like the idea of easily slipping in boards into the groves of those posts. That would certainly make it super easy to put together a raised bed.
They come like that. I could get extra boards and make the bed as tall as I want. Each post is approximately 7" tall, so my beds are about 14" tall/deep.

I wonder if Wisp will like today's update? :lol:
IMG_20240427_155515468_HDR~2.jpg

Kitty picture since this IS a cat thread:
IMG_20240427_112155793~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom