Metzer Welsh harlequin eggs?

Oxymoronica

Hatching
Mar 28, 2022
I just read somewhere that Metzer's line of Welsh Harlequins don't lay nearly as many eggs as WH from some other places. This concerns me because I have an order in for 4 female WH from Metzer in just a couple weeks, purely for the purpose of having some good layers. So, is this rumor true? And if so, where can I get WH that lay lots of eggs? Thanks

I just read somewhere that Metzer's line of Welsh Harlequins don't lay nearly as many eggs as WH from some other places. This concerns me because I have an order in for 4 female WH from Metzer in just a couple weeks, purely for the purpose of having some good layers. So, is this rumor true? And if so, where can I get WH that lay lots of eggs? Thanks
Hey there! Now that it’s been well over a year, how are your ducks doing from Metzers, laying wise?

I bought 6 girls from them and realized after the fact they claim the breed lays HALF the amount of eggs as everyone else. I bought them solely for egg laying, and so far at over 20 weeks they have yet to lay. I am worried I purchased from the wrong company.

Hey there! Now that it’s been well over a year, how are your ducks doing from Metzers, laying wise?

I bought 6 girls from them and realized after the fact they claim the breed lays HALF the amount of eggs as everyone else. I bought them solely for egg laying, and so far at over 20 weeks they have yet to lay. I am worried I purchased from the wrong company.
Metzer seems to have nicer quality ducks compared to other hatcheries that are focused on mass producing high layers.

Back
Top Bottom