Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

I have my first eggs in the still air LG since my failed duck egg hatch 2 years ago. Out of 14, 7 made it to hatch day, 2 pipped internally, but none externally...I'm wondering if they were shrink wrapped because I had trouble with keeping the humidity up at the end...but then I know some people dry hatch, so idk.

ANYWAYS....I have 8 Isa Browns in the bator...trying to be patient about candling but the person I purchased them from stopped by and, having never incubated or hatched any, was nervous that maybe they weren't fertile...so I candled one for her, and it looked great! Good veining...and whatever the term is for a tiny chick blob. lol! I also found out I should be getting some turkey eggs for free soon! I've been searching for some! I'm so excited! :)

I have Sebastopols cookin! Wishing I had never bought the LG digital, I lost 3 babies last week because of it.
barnie.gif

I can't wait until mine hatch out of the Genesis 1588. As soon as they do, my other batch of LF eggs are going to go in it. They're in an LG right now and I've had a couple temp spikes. Grrrrrrr......

I'm slowly collecting eggs from my 2 silkies since MIL got one of the neices a (yes. ONE.) hen from a local auction. So DH is building her a coop and run, and DH told her we would give them our 2 silkies so she won't have just one lonely bird. I like the fluffly little girls, so I'm going to hatch out some eggs and hopefully get the feather texture (no clue if i will since I don't know how those genetics work) on a larger bird. Also waiting for one of my marans hens to start laying again since i moved her in with my EE roo to get some olive eggers. All of my "fun" egg color layers died over the winter. :(

Hello Michigan Hatching Addicts. Can I join the club?

After what I feel was a successful Easter HAL experience, I got to thinking I needed to try something new. So, I bought some Delaware and Ameraucana Eggs from the Gary Farm. Now here's hoping they hatch! I ran into trouble from the start. My Farm Innovators 4200, which performed almost beautifully for the hatch-a-long, refused to keep the temperature, and was fluctuating over a 10 degree range. Sort of luckily, I set it up early, so after 3 days of frustration, I ordered a Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco off of Amazon. It arrived yesterday, I set it up and it's been holding steady temps for 24 hours now, so in the eggs went at 3:30 this afternoon. Now to wait 21 days to see if anything comes of all the frustration and expense. I'm going to do dry incubation. That worked really well for me during the HAL. I had a Brinsea mini-advance, until I dropped it and broke it, and I always did wet incubation in that, and had great hatches out of it, so I'm a little nervous about trying dry again now. But here's hoping for lots of chicks to hatch!

Chicks have hatched! I started with 42 and 38 made it to lock down and 30 of those have hatched.
I'm very happy to add some color to my blue cochins. I got a really nice variety of colors from Mindylee's eggs and got 14 out of 18 to hatch from those. Had to help one at the end, it was starting to dry up and was completely stuck. Was able to get him out and it's doing fine now other than needing a bath. I've cleaned him up a few times, but he's still pretty matted. Everyone else is doing great!

I cant see the pics but congrats and glad ya had a good hatch rate from me.
As for mottled. Lots of yellows is what i would consider on blue and black mottleds. Lil yellow to no yellow means most likely solid color as an adult.

I have my first eggs in the still air LG since my failed duck egg hatch 2 years ago.  Out of 14, 7 made it to hatch day, 2 pipped internally, but none externally...I'm wondering if they were shrink wrapped because I had trouble with keeping the humidity up at the end...but then I know some people dry hatch, so idk. 

ANYWAYS....I have 8 Isa Browns in the bator...trying to be patient about candling but the person I purchased them from stopped by and, having never incubated or hatched any, was nervous that maybe they weren't fertile...so I candled one for her, and it looked great! Good veining...and whatever the term is for a tiny chick blob. lol!  I also found out I should be getting some turkey eggs for free soon! I've been searching for some! I'm so excited! :)

Dry hatch doesn't mean no water days 18-21. It's no water 1-18, then add water for the finale to get humidity around 65. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom