Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Hi guys,
I have not been on this thread in forever!
I have a quick incubator question.
What temp and humidity should I set my incubator at? Its a brisnea octo, and its blown air, not still air...

Thank you!
I've got it at about 99 degrees.
I have not run it since last year, and forgot my settings...
I was hoping for a broody, but unfortunately that didnt happen.

My thermometer/hygrometer only reads whole degrees, so I'm aiming for 99. I figure under 99 is too cold, over 99 (100 or more) is too hot.
Humidity so far is a crap shoot, so I'm going to take you guys advice and go dry up to day 18.
Thanks for the input.
I just sold a bunch of laying hens because we has so many. Now my escape artist free rangers are nowhere to be found. We are guessing a predator must have gotten them. Now its time to run the bator. With the price of CAFO eggs at $3 per dozen, I'm not wanting to buy eggs any time soon.

Got both of my gardens tilled and one smoothed out and the fence posts in. Now o have to figure out a layout and I'm horrible at this. I never leave enough room for walking paths and I really need to go through my "doesn't like to be near" list to divide up what will go into which plot. I'm also hotly debating north/south rows with east/west rows, especially with my tomatoes since I'm going to try trellising a few varieties this year.

Oh! And if anyone has tips on storing your own seed potatoes I'd love to hear them. I have a few "fun" varieties this year and if they do well I'd like to not have to buy more next year. :)

Got both of my gardens tilled and one smoothed out and the fence posts in. Now o have to figure out a layout and I'm horrible at this. I never leave enough room for walking paths and I really need to go through my "doesn't like to be near" list to divide up what will go into which plot. I'm also hotly debating north/south rows with east/west rows, especially with my tomatoes since I'm going to try trellising a few varieties this year.

Oh! And if anyone has tips on storing your own seed potatoes I'd love to hear them. I have a few "fun" varieties this year and if they do well I'd like to not have to buy more next year.
smile.png

I always run my rows north-south as the sun passing east to west lights them all evenly.

Oh! And if anyone has tips on storing your own seed potatoes I'd love to hear them. I have a few "fun" varieties this year and if they do well I'd like to not have to buy more next year. :)

We plant potatoes year round to avoid having to buy new ones. We use 5 gallon buckets with dirt and compost (aged compost) and grow indoors... It sure is better then buying the chemical treated potatoes from the store!
We store our in a root cellar. Some sprout in the process, but that's just a head start for growing...
Good luck!

Quick question,
I just purchased some guineas from Townline. We counted them, and all seemed fine, but one was walking around in circles.
We found it strange, but not any other signs of illness or injury.
Now we have figured out the problem, its blind! We purchased it to eat ticks, but if its blind, it serves no purpose.
What should I do?

Back
Top Bottom