Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Bob that's an adorable little video and Aart love those dividers! Did they come like that for that incubator?

I got up at am Sunday to a loud cheeping noise coming out of the Hatcher ! Prob a roo ;). More pipping and hatching throughout the day yesterday but today is day 21 :love. We need a good turnout :fl

Here is a more up close pic of my chick, showing the feathering better, now that we are on Day 6. What do you all think, any chance of sexing?
20180423_140550.jpg

Aart love those dividers! Did they come like that for that incubator?
No, I made them.

Day 21 here, thought I saw an egg rocking ever so slightly early this morn as I added some water...maybe I bumped the table. Went check later and hear a cheep....little bit later external pip....nothing since.
But it's all imminent, glad I got errands run today, can watch all day tomorrow.

I keep forgetting about this thread.
Had 70% hatch....12 out of 17 at lockdown.
Non hatchers were fully formed, but 4 were in long skinny eggs and couldn't turn to pip is my guess.

They went out to coop, with heat 'plate', at about a week, out into run at about 2 weeks, and yesterday at 3 weeks I opened the 'tiny doors' so they could mingle with the flock.

At least 6 sexlink cockerels(including broody hatch) and I'm guessing probably 4-5 more too early to tell for sure. Marans sire put some size on them. But got 4 OE pullets(BCMxCCL) and bought 3 more CCL pullets, hatched same day.

Oh and the broody is broody again...SMH.....but int the breaker crate as there's too many birds out there!!

Are you going to let them hatch a batch?
I am thinking why not? they are in our layer coop with a rooster that lost his mojo ;) so, I am thinking maybe we would even let raise the chicks in there too. Brett would probably think it's a bad idea, but why not. If they are older and not laying they may as well hatch something right? :D

Back
Top Bottom