Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

My dad and I are in the process of building a 4x6 addition to my coop. I just have too many chickens and with winter coming they will need more space. He's happy to be needed. He's really been having a hard time with his wife's death so I'm glad to give him a project. Father/daughter time is always awesome too.

If he seals the concrete it will be easier to clean............I like having linoleum in my coop, i can wash it. He will definitely want deep litter in the winter, the concrete will draw and hold the cold from the ground. But on the plus side, it may keep the coop cooler in the summer?

Not my "lucky plucky man", but i saved this guy from being thrown into a plastic sack and suffocated in a trunk. (Auction)
Are there any rules for chicken transport? Even if it's a meat bird, aren't there protective laws to prevent unnecessary cruelty?
Don't want to rile anyone, i just want to know what to say, if anything, if i ever see this happening again. It took real tears, double the buying price, and being laughed at to get this guy. :( I figure even if it ends up i can't keep him, a long walk to nowhere would be more kind.
Beautiful guy!! I can't imagine how anyone can be so cruel... Glad you saved him!

So... I finally got tired of the ground hogs sneaking into my fenced in yard to eat the chicken food. They ate all the green beans I planted in the garden in the spring and nibbled on a lot of other stuff. DH was supposed to be taking care of them... and hasn't gotten one all summer long... I took matters into my own hands and set the traps myself... got 1 yesterday and 1 today! Hubby did take care of them after I trapped them :) Hopefully I have just a few more to catch!

For the first time since she started laying, Clucky continued to sit on her egg this afternoon... I finally reached under her and got it, she wasn't too happy, but didn't peck :) . She stayed in the box for a while and finally came out squawking up a storm!

The new duck is doing well. She was the first one in the coop last night so seems to be getting used to things.

We should be getting another hen soon... same aged as Clucky and Betty. Something got all but one of my father in laws chickens when he had to go out of town earlier this year. He found 1 lone hen who's been living in the neighbors garage. Got to find some time to go pick her up... I bet she's lonely.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday!

Again today, I heard a rooster crowing a few blocks away. It was hard to hear him considering the firetruck sirens, the barking dogs, the screaming kids, general traffic, the loud woman across the street, the lawn mowers, and the hot rod cars going 60 mph up the street.

Yet, I go before the judge on Tuesday.
idunno.gif
Attitude problem? Do ya think?
gig.gif

Good luck tomorrow Raz!
fl.gif

So I'm becoming infamous, eh?
cool.png

I wonder if they will come to the trial?
Tomorrow is another "pre-trial conference" which took the place of the "final pre-trial" of August 31. It might be Christmas before anything happens.
costing you every time you go in/ courts seem to love dragging things out, good for the coffers....Good luck tomorrow
Here's a pic's of my pullet that has a leg problem, anyone know what it is?
I got a hen from TSC this spring (Bo) has a twisted foot like that??? I assume it is a birth defect. limped from the start. mine will use the toe a little but doesn't seem painful. My conccern is in egg laying as it seems the injury-defect is in the hip.... would have culled if grand kids weren't so taken by her

Back
Top Bottom