Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I think we have all experienced that waiting-for-the-first-egg anxiety. Followed by the joyous announcements, pictures and silliness that only other chicken people can understand.

My 16-year old daughter informed me today that there are only 49 days until Christmas. I tried not to show my dismay with this information as I'm so not ready for that time of year.

I told her this year I would get her a puppy for her gift. She doesn't know what she wants exactly as far as breed but would rather rescue one or get one not from a breeder. There are so many unwanted animals that need homes. So if any of you have any puppies for sale, send me some pictures of them and we will start the selection process. We will need a younger one as my existing dogs (2 boston terriers) accept puppies easier. We do have cats as well. We can pick up the pup as soon as they are old enough to go to their forever home.

Thanks so much

check petfinder.com or local animal shelter - we got ours from a puppymill rescue fostered from a great rescue group out of Howell. there's more info & pics of him in the links in my sig.

For those of you that have chicken wire on top of your runs, be aware that it also accumulates snow like the netting does, it doesn't stretch as much as overwhelm the support & break it if its too weak. Rain or snow I'm out there "bumping it off the wire or tarp.
Congratulations to those getting their first eggs.

Good question I was hoping somebody else could tell me. As far as breeds, ages when they lay ect...?????still learning. Ask me how to stitch up a laceration, draw blood, IM injection or splint something ect... I'm your girl.
if she has puffy,tufted cheeks,and beard,
she could be an Ameraucana, the blue egg makes her at least an EE, although could be other breeds lay blue eggs?

plan to keep my birds in the run today, to see if I get any more eggs

Got this monster egg yesterday from one of my amber links! It's next to a "normal" large egg. Poor girl!

Back
Top Bottom