Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Wow, triple yolk maybe?
tongue.png

March 30th or there abouts......... expecting major cuteness!

How come you always find a deal on something you want, when it's the worst time possible to be jumping on it? Ugh... I wanted to add a couple mini pigs to the farm, cause we love pork... and I find a non-related pair at a good price. ,,, and DH doesn't want to get them. So if someone on here wants a pair, let me know I'll pass on the info.

Just received an email from the artist I ordered the print from... he told me he was out of stock and didn't realize it. So he's ordering another print and giving me an additional print for the hassle that I didn't know was there! LOL! Made me a little giddy!

made my first ebay purchase.. got 2 old shears for $13.75. I didn't think that was too bad for both of them.

From what I've read, I guess it's true that double yolks rarely survive to hatch.
I've never hatched anything before, so take that into consideration... This is only what I've read.

I had one EE that laid exceptionally large eggs on a regular basis. Most had 2 yolks, but once she laid a 3 yolker. You are right about hatching double yolk eggs being exceedingly rare and difficult.

I am not an electrician, but I do know there is something about running appliances with a high power draw on a long extension cord.. but I can't remember what it is. Not sure if it makes the cord hot or what... Make sure you get the heavy duty outside rated cords.

I have the same problem with my goat pastures... not sure what we're going to do this year DH doesn't want to run power down for lights even. I was thinking about solar lights, but they're made so darn cheap. I think I'll wait till he bangs his head enough times on stuff in the dark for him to decide we need power out there! LOL!
he.gif
We do it the ol' fashioned way....we use kerosene lanterns. My 10yo dd chastised her dad the other day because he had left the globe up and it smoked up the inside....she proceeded to show him the proper way to use the lantern...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom