Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi all.
Haven't been here for a while for various reasons.
Hope everyone is doing well; guess I'll find out after I finish catching up (& I am going back & reading all the posts I missed..which is ALOT :rolleyes:)

Plenty of chicken news here; some good, some bad.

Had my first predator attack yesterday & I'm somewhat devastated. Will write more later as I'm still pretty upset...& want to get through the posts I missed.

Have a great day all :)

Last edited:
Lady, what antibiotics have you tried? Foamy eye is usually crd but swollen face is usually coryzoa... idk which yours has. Poops? Gotta be a way to figure one or the other?
You could feed her bits of raw garlic for a couple days and see if it helps?
I tried tylan 50 but to no effect but I didn't expect it to work. I suspect viral or fungal to which antibiotics are worthless until a secondary infection sets in. I'm just keeping her comfortable and away from the rest, offering healthy foods and vitamins.

By the way does anyone identify the wild flower/herb/weed that is in the picture, I'd love to know what it is. It is taking over our lawn. It almost looks like a chamomile but doesn't smell like it.

Hope this is ok to post as it is a link (not to chicken site) but in direct answer to a source for a question you asked. The basal leaves are different so here is a bunch of photos of the plant.
http://www.google.com/images?client...lt_group&ei=NdchVKiBDYa1yASXzoIw&ved=0CBYQsAQ
it is not chamomile as that does not have the white petals, if it smells bad it is wild daisy my friend says wild daisy stinks so I would go with weed

Hi all.
Hope everyone is doing well; guess I'll find out after I finish catching up (& I am going back & reading all the posts I missed..which is ALOT
roll.png
)

Had my first predator attack yesterday & I'm somewhat devastated. Will write more later as I'm still pretty upset...& want to get through the posts I missed.

Have a great day all
smile.png
Welcome back PK,
frow.gif
this has been a busy summer

as for the sick chicken,
idunno.gif
garlic couldn't hurt

RAZ sell out and come move over by me, neighbors are moving, couldn't keep up house payment after so many medical bills, both of them have health issues and are going to move to Wyoming to be closer to their daughter

Raz- how long are you on probation???
I'm not on probation. I'm doing 15 days of slavery I mean work programme to avoid the 30 days in jail.

RAZ sell out and come move over by me, neighbors are moving, couldn't keep up house payment after so many medical bills, both of them have health issues and are going to move to Wyoming to be closer to their daughter
Do they give mortgages to the unemployed? I'd move in a heartbeat if I could.
How is the job situation over there?

Hi all.
Hope everyone is doing well; guess I'll find out after I finish catching up (& I am going back & reading all the posts I missed..which is ALOT
roll.png
)

Have a great day all
smile.png
Hello, won't be too hard reading back - not as much chatter as usual.

I substitute hash browns for the bread that is called for in all those breakfast casseroles you can find online. Basically I cook the hash browns, put them on the bottom of the casserole dish, sprinkle with meat of choice, onions, jalapeños (or whatever), cheese, then pour egg & milk (ok I use half n half :)); put in oven & bake. Even good as leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom