Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi everyone...I've been away from BYC for a while, just trying to catch up with all the posts I've missed...there are a lot!

Just thinking about whether to add to my flock this Spring, I am still fairly new to chicken keeping having got my first girls in May of 2014. I've had quite a number of losses, some through illness and others through hawk attack, all in all I have really enjoyed keeping a flock, so with this in mind I'm looking to add another 6 or so pullets to my flock this spring from April to May, depending on availability.

I have a mixed flock of Penclled Rocks, Olive Eggers and Red Mutts
big_smile.png
, but I'm really open to adding anything cold hardy to my flock. If you have anything you would want to part with that you think I'd like please let me know, I'm interested in pullets only aged 8 weeks and up or thereabouts, and I'd like to get them from end of March forward.

I live in the Thumb area and would prefer to travel within a 35-40 mile radius of Reese for pickup if at all possible. Thanks for checking out my post and I hope to hear from anyone selling

Hi vintagegem - I live about 30 miles from you near Fostoria, MI. I don't have any extra hens or pullets right now, but I will be starting to hatch in late March and I am planning to hatch a lot of chicks this spring thanks to my new (to me) Brinsea Ova-Easy cabinet incubator. I have pure breeding flocks of Buff Orpingtons, Black & Blue French Copper Marans, and Wheaten Ameraucanas, along with a large mixed flock with a Black Copper Marans rooster. If you don't find anything sooner, feel free to contact me in April or May and I might have some extra pullets to sell by then.
smile.png

Hi Everyone
frow.gif
- I haven't been on here in a while, but I am starting to plan for hatching season 2016, and I am looking for some hatching eggs (preferably local) of certain breeds that I do not currently own. I am specifically interested in Brahmas (preferably Light or Buff), Speckled Sussex, and Black Australorps, but I will consider others as well. Anyone here in the Thumb area who will have pure breed hatching eggs available in the next few months? I could also trade some of my own pure breed hatching eggs - Buff Orpingtons, Blue & Black French Copper Marans, and Wheaten Ameraucanas if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance!
smile.png

Hi vintagegem - I live about 30 miles from you near Fostoria, MI. I don't have any extra hens or pullets right now, but I will be starting to hatch in late March and I am planning to hatch a lot of chicks this spring thanks to my new (to me) Brinsea Ova-Easy cabinet incubator. I have pure breeding flocks of Buff Orpingtons, Black & Blue French Copper Marans, and Wheaten Ameraucanas, along with a large mixed flock with a Black Copper Marans rooster. If you don't find anything sooner, feel free to contact me in April or May and I might have some extra pullets to sell by then.
smile.png

That's awesome! thank you so much, I know Fostoria well and its not really too far from me. I'll definitely be contacting you again as you have all the breeds I really like, I'm still fairly new to chickens (have only had my flock for 18 months ) I love looking at all the hatching posts on here but I'm not brave enough yet to try hatching eggs, I'll stick to pullets for now
smile.png

We are a quiet group this week! I just had a very interesting experience; a trip to Israel for a friend's mother's funeral. Long flight, good weather, great food, and historical places to visit. ONLY GO ON A TOUR!!! Getting around by rental car was NOT fun at all, even with a friend who had lived there. Mary

Back
Top Bottom