Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

We are a quiet group this week! I just had a very interesting experience; a trip to Israel for a friend's mother's funeral. Long flight, good weather, great food, and historical places to visit. ONLY GO ON A TOUR!!! Getting around by rental car was NOT fun at all, even with a friend who had lived there. Mary
Fun!

The Agriculture Commissioners' meeting is tomorrow. They are voting on changing the GAAMPs again.
So it's just a vote to see if they may change GAAMPs? If any actual changes are made maybe you'll give us a summary version that even I could understand:)

I haven't read anything about a heating pad method, but I would be concerned about all the water that chicks seem to spill, as well as them soiling it. I brood on wood shavings though (or in my commercial brooder that we scored off craigslist) and I don't see heat transferring well through wood shavings or other bedding. But I haven't read anything about heating pad brooding.

So I'm planning and planning and planning for my garden this year. Has anyone USED a cattle panel greenhouse? I'm having a horrible time finding any information about the actual USAGE of them. I can find eleventy seven and nine how-tos of making them, but almost NOTHING on the everyday practicalities. I'm not trying to grow year round. I'm not trying to grow tomatoes in February. All I'd like is to be able to get stuff started in late march/early april instead of late april/early may. I have priced just about everything out, and I think we can make a 7x8ish one on skids for under $150, but if I can't find any good info on USING one, I will probably just skip it and see if I can get DH to make some cold-frames against the south-facing side of the house.

Ack!!! just had 2 no shows on me today here at work.
tongue.png

Bored and looking to be a bad influence on the Boss's wife.
yippiechickie.gif
She has ideas of becoming a farmer with goats and chickens and a garden and Boss has been kinda negative about it. Thinking about their place and their schedule a coop inside of a run would probably work out the best for them. Maybe set up some chicken tunnels for around the garden. Just gotta figure out how I'm going to drop those hints off for Chris to start to plan that out.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom