Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

So busy the past few days. The Midland County fair started on Sunday and I am already pooped. We entered 25 birds (19 ducks and 6 geese) and they are all in separate cages. Tomorrow at 9 am is when they get judged so wish me luck.
fl.gif
Amazing!
Good luck!!!!

love your chickens, Hope you are feeling better,,
meant to ask, were in GR are you?

Alto, SE Kent Co.
big_smile.png
Not too bad at the moment but I've been dizzy since getting sick. The dr. prescribed mega dose of vit. D. Still dizzy tho. We almost looked at houses in Belding.

At work until 5am tonight.
hit.gif

I would love that... I can't add anymore without subtracting first...
hmm.png
BYFM: CUTE!!

VJ, would you stay away from hatchery silkies just because of the roo to hen ratio?
Mostly because the ones I got seem to have horrible "type" when I compare them to RIRJen's beautiful birds and lots of other breeders silkies. Mine are 16 weeks old now and are just starting to get poofy top knots. Overall I guess they are pretty but NOTHING like the ones you would get from a breeder.

Theron - GOOD LUCK!!!

Ack, who just asked about wry neck. I don't know what it is but I don't want you thinking you're being ignored.
smile.png

Last edited:
Wry neck is a condition where the bird's neck is twisted to one side. Usually a problem with muscles on one side of the neck failing to develop properly causing the neck to be turned to one side. In older birds it usually is caused by a neurologic injury. Culling is probably the best solution.

I agree with Opa on this. However, if you have the time and patience to hand feed and water you afflicted bird every four hours and administer a regimen of vitamins then in 2-4 weeks, your bird will be as normal. I tried for a week with my girl, she was broody at the time, but she became so distressed at the disorientation this caused her, that I put her down when I had another of her brood sisters go broody.

Very foggy out there this way this morning. Made for yucky driving, especially when a pick up truck swerved into my lane to take a long left turn. Nearly peed my pants.

Anybody out there want some Cotrunix quail eggs to incubate ? I have 3 females with 3 males and I am geting 2-3 eggs a day. I was going to incubate them myself but decided against it so if anyone wants to hatch some out I will keep collecting them and you can have them. These are Manchurians. PM me if you want them.

Back
Top Bottom