Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I think lice are parasites of animals, and are not found in grains or other plant material.
1691879157347.png

nah they will go after grains too

Found myself carrying our friendly girl Rosemary around while trying to get birds into the coop tonight our new autocoop door needs some adjustments on the timers. Rosemary kept coming out while the others were heading in but it was causing issues with trying to herd our geese in so the fix to the situation was to carry her until all the others were inside lol. I mean I enjoy having one friendly girl but her friendliness results in me getting my clothing pulled at lol

I put the chicks and ducklings out in the coop a week or 2 ago. They are all big enough and feathered out that they can be outdoors. Refenced the run yesterday to contain the littles. They got a taste of being outside before time to go back in. That was a clown show but I got them back in for the night. Today, I let them out in the morning and all were fine. Then they all went back in to the coop at dusk. I think they got the hang of it.

Looking to re-home a BCM Roo. (1 yr. Old in July)
This is Prince... He's a good boy. Not people aggressive, he keeps his distance and I only handle him when necessary and he's never attempted an attack.
Right now he's had limited supervised access to 4 -15 wk old pullets (2 BA, 2 BR) when they are free ranging (they've been in his coop see no touch since feathered)....He's been pretty good with them which shocked me, he tid bits and wing dances for them but they mostly stay away from him ATM unless he throws a warning call.
I think he would be an awesome Roo for someone.
I need to downsize. I have 4 separate flocks going.
I can let his 4 girls go with him for an upcharge. More pics to anyone interested. Located just south of Lansing....
ETA... He was hatched here. I have his dad and all 3 of his possible mom's. Pics available with egg color from Hens.

IMG_20230810_200504.jpg

20230509_104921.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have room for them, also have birds who need to move on.
The Saturday auction at Geyer farm feed store (look online) has been a place to move birds; it's an auction, so no price guarantees, but the birds will move. I use it sometimes, label each cage, and stick around to talk to people, and I think it helps.
Mary

Sorry, I don't have room for them, also have birds who need to move on.
The Saturday auction at Geyer farm feed store (look online) has been a place to move birds; it's an auction, so no price guarantees, but the birds will move. I use it sometimes, label each cage, and stick around to talk to people, and I think it helps.
Mary

Thank you, Mary. I will look it up.

Back
Top Bottom