Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Silly. So sorry to hear about your poochie.
sad.png

They become so close to our hearts. Am thinking of you.

RaZ. What can I say? They have it out for you. Don't they have enough legitimate criminals out there to keep them busy?

Eggs....eggs....last call for eggs for this egg artist!!! PM me if you have extra eggs and
want to pass them along! No reasonable price or egg turned away. Lol
I snatched a dozen blue/green/olive eggs that I was going to sell to my customer but he forgot to bring them home this weekend for you :) PMd you the price.

I am not sure if I can make it to CS but if I can is anyone interested in a few hens who are past their laying age?
no thanks I have a large # or those already
wink.png

Last call for tables...I think we may still need some table, so anyone who has a spare one they can bring, please do so!

Also, I may need some help hanging tarps for the presentation - anyone planning to arrive early, please look me up if you can lend a hand! I should be there no later than 9:30.

Lastly - my beautiful, very old, very large Catalpa tree is in full bloom....to me, there is almost nothing akin to that wonderful smell. Anyone else with Catalpa in bloom? I would love to plant more of these trees. Need to look into that.

Oops! Forgot to mention a reminder that Dr. Mick Fulton, head of the Poultry Sciences Dept. at MSU, will be speaking on common poultry diseases at 10:30 at Chickenstock tomorrow! Please attend if you are able!
I have at least 4 I will bring, was down for 3 but think I have one more, may get everything in the truck tonight, looks like I will be coming alone so I can leave early and will be glad to help with the tarp,
LOVE Catalpa trees, in GR we had a neighbor that had a beautiful one in their front yard,till they had their house treated for termites. poor old tree died
sad.png

maybe if someone has any seedlings on their property they could dig them up and bring them next yr
big_smile.png

welcome to the new poster (sorry I forgot your name)
highfive.gif
glad to have you aboard.

Holy molie! I have been gone from this thread for a while and cant believe all the new folks here. Welcome to all the new eggs!!
Looking forward to Chickenstock 2014!
woot.gif

Hi Folks,
I just updated the food list. It gets a bit messy towards the end but I am seriously burned out. Not with the upkeep but more to do with events of the past few weeks.
I'm tired and I need some sleep before I leave for CS14 in the morning.

At this point I ask that anyone attending with animals please be sure to take care of their needs. Be a good steward.

I'll check the thread before I leave in case I missed anyone. If you need to contact me send a PM before 7:00 AM tomorrow.

There are usually some asian folks that show up looking for unwanted birds, and are willing to buy spent hens and extra cockerels - for the stewpot I am sure, but at lest they do not go to waste.,
As long as they die humanely. I decided to bring my 2 year old red EEx roo - he's gentle and beautiful, but he seems to be the daddy of a lot of my chicks. Plus I have too many roos! And I think I'm going to keep one of his sons who is more what I think I want. If anyone is interested, he's $10. He is huge, btw.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,
I just updated the food list. It gets a bit messy towards the end but I am seriously burned out. Not with the upkeep but more to do with events of the past few weeks.
I'm tired and I need some sleep before I leave for CS14 in the morning.

At this point I ask that anyone attending with animals please be sure to take care of their needs. Be a good steward.

I'll check the thread before I leave in case I missed anyone. If you need to contact me send a PM before 7:00 AM tomorrow.
Thank you for doing all this Raz, and I do look forward to meeting you all. I wish I had time to bring some food but I've been working over 50 hrs a week and even my husband has been getting takeout!

I've been asked to stop at Farmerboy's (Daron) and pick up some eggs for you.  It's sort of on the way so it will probably happen.  Maybe we can barter for one of those artistic things;)

Hmmmmmmmm......bartering is always possible.....depends on how much maple syrup you got....my artistic things may have gone up in price. Lol. :D

Back
Top Bottom