Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

what do you all do when you go on vacation? We're going out of town for about 4 days. I have a family member stopping by on the 3rd day to check on everyone. I was planning to put out a 5 gal waterer, and maybe grab a second feeder and fill them up. I'll be putting my ducks in with my chickens for the days we are gone since the ducks don't have a run area yet. I will probably put a small duck house in the run so the ducks have a space, esp Lady Quackington the one w/ the gimp leg. 

Ours were still in the brooder when we left on vacation for a week. We had my MIL stay at our house for the first half and FIL the second. But we also have a cat, a senior dog & a puppy. We were thinking about putting a solar panel on the coop hooked to a timer to open & close the chicken/duck door.

what do you all do when you go on vacation? We're going out of town for about 4 days. I have a family member stopping by on the 3rd day to check on everyone. I was planning to put out a 5 gal waterer, and maybe grab a second feeder and fill them up. I'll be putting my ducks in with my chickens for the days we are gone since the ducks don't have a run area yet. I will probably put a small duck house in the run so the ducks have a space, esp Lady Quackington the one w/ the gimp leg.

We always get someone to pick up eggs, they can keep what they collect. Then put out way more water and feed then they would normally use in a week. we have a lg run with an electric wire around the bottom and haven't had a predator problem for some time. I leave the door open on the coops although I do have an automatic opener for 1 coop. we have done this for yrs. with out a problem. if you can get someone to collect eggs, have them check feed and water also.
relax and enjoy they will do fine. the first time is always the hardest.

we have a Welsummer cockerel that we need to re-home . 3 month old
don't know what he is but he has pretty blue fringe,

old miss, love the coop and the way you move it, wish I had a mover like that
big_smile.png

Quote:
vacation sounds nice we haven't been to the Island in a long time, don't think we have mad it to the falls were talking about trying it next yr.

just thought i would post some pics
hmong chickens....great fibro bird....thanks art

peach golden finally getting in his colors

hmong rooster...the colors are so unique and so far i think the best out of all the fibro breeds i have...or seen

yellow golden after molt...cant wait till they get there full colors and feathers

moma just hatched these...i couldnt believe it...but knew it was time

have a great day everyone...
and dont forget to check out my forum below....as it has gotten interesting and alot of changes are being made

The flies are out of control here. I read to use eucalyptus & lavender oils to get rid of them. Anyone have natural options and safe for the chickens & ducks that will help get rid of them?
I scrub my floors with the off brand pine sol from Kroger. It smells good, so flies seem to not like it. It isn't so strong that it bothers the chickens. You may have those biting blackflies up north though and I really don't know what to do about those though.

Back
Top Bottom