Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone! We had an amazing time yesterday!! So much fun!! Loved visiting with everyone, the food was awesome! We won some Yak burger in the raffle, can't wait to try that out!! YUM!!! Can't wait for the next one!!

After leaving Chickenstock, we had 3 open houses to go to, so it was a long day, but we made it!

I made those cards Huston. Glad you like them.

Opa and Vicki the chicks we got from you guys are doing great. Those Vorweks went right in and took over the brooder. Funny little chicks. They sound like they are singing sometimes too.

Huston's Happy Hens :

Had a great time - fun to put faces to names - who made the chicken cards for the give away??? - Whom ever it was did a wonderful job! VERY NICE and glad we won them in the raffel!
Sam, THANKS SO MUCH for all of your efforts - just finishing up putting everyone away - had a graduation party to go to after we got home this afternoon - thanks also for the buttercup and mystery chicks - you KNOW who you ARE! DH is keeping me away from you two!
wink.png
I doubt he'll be succesful, but it's fun having him try!
wink.png

Who me??? It ws such a pleasure meeting you and hubby. Kristin and I really enjoyed your company and are so very happy the chicks got a good home. Krisstin wants to see your place, so we might be coming by on a weekend to pick up the pet taxi! It was a great day...enjoyed meeting some new friends, and visiting with old friends.​

I really enjoyed meeting everyone yesterday. So many friendly people! And my new cochin from mrschickendad is so sweet...she followed me around the yard all evening. We also made chili dogs last night and enjoyed the hotdog chili (a big thank you to whomever donated it to the raffle). Can't wait til next chickenstock!

Courtney

My family and I had so much fun yesterday!!!! It was wonderful to meet so many of you. It's great that the turn out was so good, but with so many people present I didn't get to spend as much time chatting with each of you as I would have liked. The little Irish Setter pup that we got, Molly McGuire, is doing great and keeping me busy. I just put her in the crate a little while ago so that I can actually get some things done (like brush my teeth). One forgets very quickly how having a newborn in the house can completely consume your every moment.

Ok, After getting some much needed sleep I can finally sit down and type real quick before I have to go to work.
smile.png
I was sooo over tired yesterday after I got home, I couldn't even form words last night.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and it was a great time. Doug was impressed with the turn out and pleased to know that I somehow managed not to come home with an irish setter puppy.
roll.png

Thanks for letting me tag along for the ride there Opa.
smile.png
I loved hanging out with you, Hope, and Granny. Doug didn't realize how many people came this year, and wished he could have come too. As long as he is in the Country next year we will be bringing him with us.
smile.png
Also, Cass said Thank you for saving her some smoked chicken. She can't wait to have some.

I know it's belated, but I wanted to send my congratulations and best wishes to the Boyd family for the new baby.
smile.png

I know I'm forgetting to add something, but I can't think of it at the moment.
hmm.png
Hopefully I'll have more time later this week to sit down, and catch up on this thread.

Bluemoon

YakLady etal, I may have an answer to the disappearing ducks from a week or so ago. We just lost one of our 10 week old buff ducks to a snapping turtle. We have an area of the creek that runs through our property that we fenced off down the middle and back so the ducks can "free range" the creek. They have been enjoying this set up for several weeks, but today a snapper got underneath the fence and grabbed a buff duck, pulled her under and drowned her. She's gone. Not a feather to be seen. The other ducks are standing on the bank quacking for her, so sad
hit.gif
I don't see any way we can let them go back out in the creek, that dang turtle will pick them off one by one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom