Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of tree is that? I might be interested, and will name it RaZ's Neighbor's double nightmare!
They are called "golden willow", but that was just the variety named on the tag.
They grow quickly, those trees were 4 feet tall when I planted them in 2006/07.
The trunk was about 1 1/2 inches then, I'd have to measure to see the diameter now.

Anyone what to help me think of a name for the heifer?

I am thinking of Rapunzel, but am open to others. :D

This is her-

Quote:
Alternative theory...
Could the raccoon be looking for a nesting place?
idunno.gif

Maybe it's the climate change thing, but I think the critters have been acting strangely this spring. (I know I have.)

Maybe. I thought of that, but it's amazing this big coon can fit into the box by itself, if it plans on having babies in there I don't think they will all fit. Not sure if this is the same coon, but there was one this size in the wood duck box last year too. I know they are out there at night because I see their foot prints all around the pond. I really am confident that they cannot get into my run and coop, but will have to call my neighbor to see if he will dispatch this one for me so it doesn't go after the chickens while they're free ranging.

Sorry about your crazy neighbor, RaZ. She sounds like a really loose cannon. Kind of scary to live next to someone you know isn't stable. I agree with CG, if there is a way you can make sure someone in authority responds everytime she levels an attack at you, maybe she will back off. Do you know an attorney who would send her a letter suggesting she may be looking at a harrassment lawsuit if she doesn't cease and desist? That might scare her enough to make her stop. Better yet, check this out:
http://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/c...nd desist&s_kwcid=cease and desist|6165526943

A raccoon will eat whenever it is hungry - day or night.

Thanks Mutt, I was afraid of that.
hide.gif

Quote: They are called "golden willow", but that was just the variety named on the tag.
They grow quickly, those trees were 4 feet tall when I planted them in 2006/07.
The trunk was about 1 1/2 inches then, I'd have to measure to see the diameter now.
Oh, I love Golden Willows! I got one for my 15th birthday in November, for it is my favorite type of tree. I was drawn to this tree on the other side of the road when I was a child, and love it. My birthday tree was about 6 feet tall when I got it, but it had died in the next year and I was upset. But to my surprise, it grew back from the ground. :ya But now its over 30 feet tall! :eek: Its only 8 years old! :th This was taken last year-

Last edited:
Hello from Northeast Michigan! I have some beautiful willows in my yard, though one lost a huge amount of limbs during a pretty big snowstorm we had out here last month. It took our powerline out, and the down line fell across our truck and was blocking us in for a day. Hopefully the willow will recover.

*Bell came to mind for a name when I saw the picture of the heifer. :)

I just purchased my first home 6 months ago, near the Huron National Forest (pretty much in the forest.) We got six baby chicks today, and they are going to make a great addition to our household. I have 2 golden bantams, 2 barred rock bantams, and 2 that I can not remember what they are, poor babies. I'm going to try to get some pictures up for identification, but until then, they are black, with a brown coloring on their wings. One of them is the little gal peeking up in my profile picture. I'm so excited to have these little peepers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom