Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
as of today 9/17 works for the hustonn (steve and nancy) gang - we're in Dewitt (just outside of Lansing) if anyone would like to carpool...and of course you could see our chicken getup - Hey Opa are you and Granny in??? how exictin!
cool.png

Howdy all you Michiganders. Sorry I have not been around for awhile. Someone, and I won't mention Cat's name, got me started with something called Farm Town and I can't keep away from it. I just have to make all that money, as if it was really real money.
lau.gif

Anyway, welcome to all the newbees.
The coon problem has been irradicated.
wee.gif
No more casualties.
There is a swap coming up Sept. 19th in Montrose up near Flint. I plan on taking about 10 to 15 bantam cochin cockerels. These are nice birds. I have 2 blue frizzles that are exceptional and a few straight blues that are too. I have about 6 blue mottleds but have yet to pick the one I want to keep. If anyone is interested I can give you a better price if you buy before the swap meet. You can see a pix of my blue frizzle roo on my page. The 2 sons will be as good or better. I live in Springport which is south of Eaton Rapids.
PM me if you are interested.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It looks like beautiful weather.

This evening I officially am at war. I hate the fact that it has come to this but I'm not going to put up with his trespassing any longer. I just took a gun out of the safe and it will be close at hand from now on.
II have an exceptionally large coyote that has started visiting on a regular basis. Two days ago I came out of the chicken coop and there he was not fore than 50 feet away. I had to holler and run at him to get him to leave and then he only went 20 feet. Each time I'd yell and run at him he would only go a few feet and then he'd stop.
Tonight he was between the house and the chicken coop, less than 10' from the main coop. We had to run at him 6 times to get him to leave. Then I noticed the wad of black feathers and only 1 vorwerk in sight. Finally located all of the vorwerks and one is missing most of it's tail feathers. Lucky bird and hopefully it will soon be dirt nap time for old Wiley.

I was just on the phone with a friend tonight and they have had a horrible time with coyotes at his place in Grand Ledge. Now today his old Beagle has come up missing so I asked , do you think he ran off? Marks said nope..I will bet you one of those coyotees got him. It made me get chills. To think of that happening to a dog, oh the thought is horrible. I would be in a rubber room if one got one of my dogs. We have them here near me, but Ive never seen on in broad daylight. Only at night in the road driving. If one come up to my coop, I'll have me a nice warm hat for winter.

Gett'em Opa!!!!

Frizzledhen...all of your little bantam cochins are always be-A-U-teeeful!
anyone looking for a good cockerel should take a look at Gayles! her quality is excellent! i have a lovely pair that i am breeding now from her stock that have proven fertility with great results.

sept 17th works for Rick and me! yeah! woo hooo!
ya.gif
we are so in!

please tell me there will be squid!!!

well, it's the truth! they are beautiful! the chicks are all strong and vibrant. we haven't lost one. everything that hatches has been grown and survived so far. that's good odds.

and here is someone you might recognize....the lead cockerel in the Rosecomb RIR pen. a gentle giant.

me and Chocolate Thunder watching the soybeans grow across the road. Hannah took this photo this evening. i want to send it to Terrilacey. she made this apron. her aprons are amazing! i highly recommend them.

12425_farmhouse_dreamin.jpg

caf.gif
Morning All

It is BEAUTIFUL out there this morning.
thumbsup.gif
My girls were very happy to see me open their coop door. It always makes me nervous opening their door because they like to fly out and up once they get out side and I just know that I am gonna get a chicken in the face one of these times.
lau.gif

Opa let those coyotes have it!!! We have been very lucky with them this year. We heard them one night just a yippin and howlin but that has been it. I have been listening for them since but nothing.

I just have stray cats to contend with and them around my chicken coop just a watchin.
somad.gif

Everyone have a wonderful day!!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom