Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone.

Wow what a change in weather. I checked on all the chickens last night around 1am and it was really nice out. Then wake up to it raining and the wild blowing pretty hard this morning. I dont watch TV but guess I should start listening to the weather station so I can plan my days better.

My Dobe pups are 1 wk old today. Gosh are they getting big. The little stinkers are starting to wobble around. Wont be long and they'll be into everything.
wee.gif

Opa: Thank you for the kind words.

good morning everyone. I am going to finish painting today. I have about 1/2 the room left. What a week. I think I spent 1/2 my workation on the web. lol I will miss you all when I go back to work next week.

Good Morning!!!!!
frow.gif

My little guy went to school today dressed in all his Harley gear. He's too adorable (especially since he's a little bookworm-glasses and all). Fricken, my Silkie roo, got smart and decided to snuggle up with the sheep in their stall today. They have a sheep version of a doggie door that goes out into the same outside area that the chickens play in. For some reason, Fricken really loves his sheep.

I just loaded up the wood-burning stove in the kitchen and set a pot of water on top to get the kitchen heated up for bread-making day. I discovered last week that if I keep the woodburning stove going, and keep some water boiling on top of it, the room is perfectly warm and moist, and my bread dough will rise much mroe beautifully. I ended up with some Italian bread last week with the most beautiful crust! Sooo... I'll be busy with bread-makin' today. Hope all of you have a wonderful day, and a Happy Halloween!

Oh!!! I contacted a gentleman on Craigslist who has a couple of cochins, a couple of Orpingtons, and a couple of Ameraucanas available. He said they are all pure-bred, but mixed colors. They are all layers from 2008, and he's only charging $3.00-$5.00 per bird. Do any of you ever get birds from people on Craigslist? Is that a safe venue?

Buying birds from a Craigslist seller would be like buying birds from anywhere. You need to know the health of the flock they came from. Do the birds he's selling appear healthy and well cared for. Plus you should keep them quarantined from your birds for several weeks to insure they are in fact healthy.

Rain Rain Go Away!

We have a couple of small ponds in the yard today!

My little broody bantam hatched one of her 3 eggs last night, but the chick was dead when I found it this morning
sad.png
I sure hope at least one of the others hatchs and lives, she has been trying so hard to be a mommy.

Hope nobody floats away out there today, grab you umbrellas!

Next time take a picture of him in the drivers seat
smile.png

We have had hens jump into the van before. The kids get to laughing so much it usually scares them out!

Quote:

Quote:
I was going to take a pic but I was worried he would poop in the van. I took him out and set him on top of a cooler next to the van and he stayed there all the time I was running the vaccum. He was not afraid of all the noise.
Briana, I remember those days, seems like ages ago, but it was so cute to see all the different costumes. Have fun!

Hello everyone...I lurk often but hardly ever post!!!

I was wondering if anyone has any hatching eggs or chicks from Welsummers or Barnevelders? I lost my flock of Welsummers and we are heart broked
hit.gif
I would like to get them started so they are laying in the spring.

I live in Shelby, which is along Lake Michigan......I would be able to pick them up if within a reasonable distance, otherwise, with eggs, they could be shipped.

Thanks for your time.......and is this rain ever going to stop? I'm beginning to think that we should start building an ark
barnie.gif

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom