Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I finished painting the room. Tonight I have a wedding to go to. It is outside, rain or shine the invitation said. So, I sure hope the rain lets up for a few minutes around 7 pm tonight. And I am definately bringing my umbrella. lol.

Oh and welcome Wild Chicken. vicki2x2 sometimes has Wellie eggs for sale.

Last edited:
Well, hours and hours of dough-rising later.....I'm putting the bread in the oven.

During the second dough-rising, I ran out to Dexter to the farm that was advertising hens for sale. I ended up taking 7 hens/pullets. They're about 7 mos old. Three of them are Ameraucana's-one is already laying medium sized green eggs almost every day. They are so pretty! All of this guy's birds were pure-breeds, but the colors are mixed. They're all a mixture of blue/buff/black. I chose three beautiful great big, fluffy cochins (the feathers on their feet just kill me-too cute), and one that he said was part (something that starts with an M?). He said she wasn't supposed to have been in that 'for sale' pen. I told him I really didn't care what she is-she's pretty. So I got her. I'll post pics soon. These girls are much bigger than my little mutt hens-I think they're even bigger than my rooster.

DCM, so sorry about your baby. How sad. I hope the others pop out ok.

Have a great evening! Might be rainy, but I'm lovin' the warmth!

Yaklady---welcome.

I just read your tag at the bottom and it says you have 16 tibetan yaks. Wow--what are they like. When you post pics of your new hens (who sound gorgeous) please post a few of the yaks. I am finding this pretty interesting.
big_smile.png

OMGoodness this is too much rain! I had to go put a hose in the pool to drain it down again! It is going to go right over the top if this rain doesn't stop!
No new babies yet, I really hope she hatches one! Poor little thing is so determined.

Good Evening!

Sounds like a freight train is coming on in tonight! Windy and raining. Hope it clears up tomorrow
smile.png

Sweet dreams! Tomorrow is my one day to sleep in
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Sarah

Hope everyone is safe and secure in the house tonight! The wind is howling!! I have been home all day, unfortunately, not feeling well.

I missed my kids' halloween parties for the first time ever!
hit.gif
I didn't want to infect the all the kids. Luckily, Dh was home and could go to their parties.

Oh, saw an ad on Jackson freecycle tonight for a free 11 week old male Great Pyr puppy. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will forward the info.

I just went out to check on the hens, and its very windy here..but surprising that its extremely warm out. That should help everything dry up by morning. I sure hope so, as my pastures are like muck fields.

Day Care Mom: if it happens that your broody doesn't hatch out any babies, I have a day old lone chick (Isa/RIR) that you can give her. Let me know.

Wild Chicken "Welcome": Check with vicki2x2 for Welsummers. She might have something available.

Last edited:
Good evening all. We have had a nice day here. Grey but warm. Got up to 75. We were actually sweating. We had a little rain early morning and some sprinkles on and off till 10 am then nothing the rest of the day. It just started really raining here about 9:30pm. No crazy wind either. It is crazy we are all in Michigan and not that far away from each other and totally different weather.

Well we had our campfire and really long hayride tonight. Beautiful night for it too. Tomorrow it's off to go trick or treating. Brody who is 6 will be a zombie and Collin who is 10 is gonna be an old lady. I will have to post pictures of my old lady tomorrow, it is really funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom