Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Great attitude Catray, Im with you. Grandson who just turned 13, now knows just how quick his grammy is when he said something very disrespectful to his mother and I heard it. He went running through the house, I caught him in mid air. Dont think he'll let his lips over power his brain in the future. Grammy's can run quick! lol

Welcome Jason the people on this forum are wonderful. Boy its nice to see so many chicken lovers from lapeer county here.

LOL! You sound like me, Oopsy. I'm from Texas/Oklahoma, and we tend to nurture and mother our kids like crazy. On the other hand, though, we Southerners don't hesitate to make it QUITE clear that disrespect will NOT be tolerated. After getting to know my younger step-daughter a little bit (at the time she was 13), I made that point clear to her as well. I had listened to her spout off some obscenities in her father's direction for months. She and I were having a nice conversation, and I said, "Honey, I love you very much. I would never disrespect you or anyone else by saying some of the things I've heard you say to your dad. I'm letting you know right now that if you ever speak to me that way, I will take you down and you will not wake up for a few minutes." Lord knows I wouldn't ever actually do that, but she hasn't tested the issue, either.
lau.gif
My own kids got the same speech when they were quite little, and they haven't tried any disrespectful name calling, either. They are now 18, 15, and 13.

Ohhhh... and welcome to BYC, Jason! Glad you've decided to join in the fun.

Last edited:
it is so beautiful and golden outside! the sun is glowing on all the trees and leaves that are down! i cannot wait to go out and feed today!

first, gotta work out and then i'll go see the bazillion birds.

i said to Rick as he was leaving today, "after roasted turkey dinner the other night, whatever i'm making today seems boring."
th.gif

friday and saturday i am making pasties at our church all day! i am so stoked! i've always wanted to learn to make them and this should be a riot, because it's a bunch of people all working together.

alright...off to pound the floor (i think it's happier that i'm lighter while doing so, though!
lol.png
) have a super day today all!!!!

Quote:
I'll bet typing that welcome did seem a little strange, sort of like you might be talking to your self
gig.gif

I too wish it was close to time for Chickenstock. Not only to enjoy everyone's company but because it would mean we were done with snow instead of just starting to face it. Everyone. Please click on the link in my signature line and make your choice of date know. I will be running it until November 14th.

Oopsy, I forgot to ask... how did your crockpot oatmeal turn out? My little boy is home from school (sick) today. I made him brown rice n' apples for breaksfast. Boy, was it yummy!!! Thanks for bringing back that memory!

Good Morning Everyone!

Beautiful morning and it was a wonderful night too! The moon was gorgerous
smile.png

Welcome to I am Jason! Hill Billy Roo (aka Jason) does have some nice hens for sale. We just bought 6 young ladies from him
smile.png

Off to get busy with the kids. Morning workout complete and breakfast is done. Waiting for the girls to care for their fowl then off to school we go!
lol.png
Glad we don't have to travel far
celebrate.gif

Have a wonderful day!

Sarah

I usually make 3 or 4 dozen pasties each year. They sure are great things to have in the freezer for days when you need something quick and don't have any ambition. I always use venison in mine and of course not using rutabaga is just not a pastie. Have fun making them.
10233_cook.gif

Last edited:
Opa- speaking of vension with your pasties. Do you have a good recipe for me to can some venison? I got another deer the other night and was hoping that you had a good recipe because I am running out of freezer room and dont have the money to buy another freezer.

I have to worn everyone I tried the Magic Jack product with computer plug in for the phone well it was returned it did not work as they said. Really need to find a good phone company so that I can pay less. Does anyone have a good Idea. With having an ex I have to have a phone in case she really wants to talk to the kids.

Quote:
I didnt get to make it last night
roll.png
...daughter called before getting out of work and we had to run to lapeer to pick up some laying hens and a young palm turkey from another BYC member. They were such nice people we stood outside talking for at least an hour got home and I felt like I was run over by a truck. Bones ached, chilled to the bone. I checked on my chickens and crawled in bed. Very unlike me. Well that asprin and vitamin must have worked cuz I was back up at 3:30am feeling brand new.

I hope your son feels much better soon. Daughter took both the babies out of pre-school until this swine flu goes away. And cant say I blame her in the least. But gosh are they disapointed not being able to go. You know how it goes, first teacher in a childs life is worshipped. And they love their Ms Debbie dearly.

YUMMY Pasties! My mother's family are all from the U.P so I was raised on pasties. And the only thing I can eat with rutabaga in it. Gosh that stuff is hard to swallow. Father made the mistake when I was about 12, to force me to eat it all mashed up. He ended up buying a new pair of work boots lol and never pushed me to eat something I couldnt swallow again. WOW now talk about past memories.

Need to get outside and do chores. Its a day for carharts and my rabbit lined Elmer Fudd hat. Darn wind is blowing like crazy cuts right through ya. Everyone bundle up its chilly.

Quote:
HBR: I have magic jack here and it works great. Are you on high speed internet? As if not you will have horrible packet loss with it refreshing and uploading/downloading your conversations. My mobile broadband is usually around 1 MB download and around 600kbp upload. I would think anything slower you would have issues.

Cheapest way is Boost mobile. Works off the IDEN Nextel towers. $50 a month.No contract, month to month, no hidden fees just $3 tax a month, everything is unlimited. incoming or out going minutes, internet on your phone, voice mail, no roaming blah blah. Its got it all. And all you need is a Nextel phone (good ole Craigslist or ask a family/friend for their old one) and buy a boost sims card for $20 and pop it in. You can even port your phone number (home or cell) you have to it free of charge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom