Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning!

Quite frosty this morning! I hope we stay warm for a little while longer
smile.png

Off to get stuff going and kids rolling! Little bit of school this morning, then ballet at the house, piano lessons and then I get to go out tonight....BY MYSELF! A rare accorance
smile.png

Have a great day and talk to you all soon!

Sarah

RIRJen: My LF Blue Cochins (7 hens) haven't laid an egg in over a month. They are still in molt and I cannot believe how long its taking them. I rake their coop and 2 days later its full of feathers again. They should be bald.

YakLady, How cute. Your hen sure was telling you either she loved her new saddle or was tell you "something" else lol Bet you're gonna get a lot of hits on youtube. Thanks for sharing.

citalk2much Sorry, but I'll pass on helping you paint. I'd rather stick a fork in my eye. I hate painting. Daughter is a paint freak. Always painting something..I ALWAYS make excuses so I dont have to help LOL *call me bad!

Vicki2x2: I'm glad you and your daughter are feeling better. I have been trying not to go out as I dont wanna get sick. Hopefully going to the Ohio National next weekend, I dont pick up some bug.

CrazyChickenFever: Congrats on your Showgirl eggs. I am shutting down all my heat lamps but one. I got my electric bill for my barns today. $229 NOW that is crazy! These chickens better start growing a parka as the Heated Hilton Hotel is now CLOSED lol

Some of you that saw the cartoon I posted the other day...well it just happened here yesterday. In the hen house is 2 med sized pullet eggs and this TINY and I mean it was only the size of a double M&M peanut candy, brown egg in the nest box. I laughed soooooooo hard again cuz I know that egg being so small , did just fall out of her bum LOL

Wish I had a digital camera that worked. Anyone have a used one they wanna sell??? There are tons on Craigslist, but to far of a drive.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Well, I went out to Staples' place today and came back with 7 more hens and five ducks. I've never had ducks before in my life, but these were too darn cute to leave behind. One is a Pekin named Daisy and the other four are Cayuga's. They're beautiful! I've never seen a duck that color before. The hens are Ameracaunas, Red Stars (I think is what he said), Brown Leghorn, and two little bantam somethings that he was unsure of. Looks like we've got to figure out a way to provide a swimmin' hole in the chicken/sheep/duck area. I'll have pics soon! Oh, and Oopsy.. hubby has bought two cameras and a video camera off of Ebay. We've been really happy with the quality, and the cost wasn't at all bad.

Quote:
I KNEW it was you that was there when I called Steve. Dont know why, just did. You were pulling out when I called him. Im getting his Lakenvelders next weekend on my way home from Ohio. Congrats on your new birds!

I would love to find a camera on Craigslist..but shucks everything is down river and I live so far up. I did just email someone in Rochester Hills, but even that is a 50 min drive.

oh my gosh! i made pasties at my church all day today! it was so fun! they are delicious. it's a fundraiser we do every year and i got to help this year. it's a riot.

came home and did a batch of Dollhouse cookies to take to share tomorrow and eating a salad then going to put my feet up and do it all again tomorrow!
lol.png
(we made 270 today and need to make 400 tomorrow!)

have a great weekend all!

Ok, one more thing to add to my grocery list and seed list...rutabagas. I like to mix ground beef and pork for the meat. Waiting for the girls to come home (piggers gone to freezer camp) so we can make pasties. Havent made any for a couple of years. Really miss them when we dont have them.
smile.png

Good Morning!

A HEAT wave has hit this morning! The wind is from the south
smile.png
MJ- that is alot of baking....I hope they all get sold for the fundraiser!

Busy day so I am finally up and have to be ready to leave in about an hour. Talk to you all later!

Sarah

Anybody with LF cochins - are their eggs shaped like an enlongated oval?
idunno.gif
I'm getting some strange looking eggs that are light brown, and longer instead of rounder. The other suspects are Speckled Sussex and Welsummers, both of which seem highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom