Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say the sunshine sure does improve everyones moods!!

I am a wee bit jealous I didn't get to clean coops today. Six kids all day kept me busy enough!

I will get them cleaned this weekend for sure.

Popcorn sounds good maybe I will go pop some. We grew our own popcorn in the garden this year, it is soooo gooood!!!! This year we will be planting more!! YUM!!

Dang- Left work early planning on cleaning my coop and it appears a low-down yeller bellied thief toke off with my pine shavings!!! Must have been desparate folks suffer'in fron the economic down turn.

Quote:
hide.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I got my coop cleaned but just as I figured, the damp weather is getting the best of me now. I am sitting here wrapped up in the electric throw my son gave me. I also picked up a book from the library today, "Raising Chickens for Dummies". My chickens sure were enjoying the weather today. The "hen" my BIL gave me is sure starting to crow.

Quote:
If it starts laying eggs that might narrow it down some.

yuckyuck.gif

OK, that's funny Opa!
lol.png
lau.gif

Honestly though I'm not sure. I took pics last night and am going to post them on the Turkey page. I'll post the link here and maybe if anyone can help me identify that would be great! I also took some pics of the grey partridge Silkie we got from Shelly at Chickenstock and the Turkens we recently purchased at Fowlfest. I'll get those on later this morning. Kinda hoping someone can help me verify my guess that the grey partridge Silkie is a pullet......... And no Opa, it hasn't laid any eggs yet
smile.png

Quote:
Kathy, my brother in law has 3 geese and several ducks in with his chickens. He has had them for a few years.

HBH - thanks! Would you mind taking a look at my page and telling me if my penned in area is comparable in size to what your brother in law may have? I'm hoping I have enough room in the pen to incorporate 2 or 3.....

smile.png

Today looks like a good day to take advantage of the slight warming spell and take the xmas lights down. Usually hanging them is a finger numbing task and taking them down is even worse. This year I don't think I even wore a coat when I hung them and now to take them down the weather is half way reasonable. Hard to believe that I've lucked out on both ends of the chore.

I need to clean out the coops today. Hey Rose, is Kristin suppling wood shavings for all of us or just you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom