Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
10233_chicken_nest_need_air.gif

Pretty quiet around here. Last week the number of eggs I was getting was increasing and I was getting 12-14 each day. Now that the temperatures have dropped again so has their egg production. Hopefully if it ever get warm again it will go back up. I'm getting anxious to get my roosters back with their respective hens so that I can have fertile eggs. The shame is that a perfectly good broody is now sitting on air.

I guess for now I'll just have to be content with waiting for the weather to break.
10233_chicken_watching.gif

Last edited:
Hey everyone!! Just a quick check in from me! Tomorrow is Groundhog Day!!! We are doing lots of fun stuff!!! Wednesday is my favorite day of the year, its ELMO's B-Day!!!! We will be having red cake and wearing party dresses at Ms. Cindy's daycare!!!! Stay warm and don't wish your life away waiting from spring, just enjoy everyday you have!!
bun.gif

Quote:
Great attitude Daycare Mom!
thumbsup.gif

I work at a greenhouse and we're busy planting already...with the cold outside it's hard to believe that spring is coming soon. I got bit by spring fever though...had to stop by the local garden center this weekend and pick up some seeds for the garden this year...just can't wait.....
tongue.png

So far the chickens have been laying well for me (with extra light). My EE's have been funky this winter though...certain ones seem to go on laying streaks, then all of the sudden they stop. One even started moulting a few weeks ago!!!
roll.png
Weirdos.
I don't always stop in this thread often, but hope yall are doing well!
Also...did anyone go to Tip-Up Town at Houghton Lake? I was there last weekend doing a little ice-fishing.....

Good morning everyone!! The coffee is good this morning. I only have a couple min. then time to get the day going. Both my kids will be home today sick. Bad cold with fevers and coughs. Hope they feel better soon.

Yeah, it's snowing at my house.

My chickens were out foraging around yesterday, and I saw Coco ( one of my welsummers) running around with something in her mouth. ALL the other chickens were chasing her, including Mrs. Fluffy ( the silkie) who never chases anything. Anyway, I'm watching this go on for about an hour, and thinking she must have found a great bug. Then I thought what bug lives in the winter? I go outside to gather up some eggs, and look over to the right of the door of the chicken house, and see a dead mouse.
gig.gif

Apparently, Coco caught a mouse, and that was what all the chasing, and squaking was about. Who needs a cat when ya have Coco
smile.png

Bluemoon

Last edited:
Good morning all,
well my son is home sick today,
tongue.gif
he never use to get sick until he got in to HIgh School,
idunno.gif
I wonder if there is something up with that
hmm.png

boy is it cold, the last couple morning there has been frost on weeds out back, Well the season is changing, the moon has been coming up later and later at night, Last night i took Chloe out for last Potty about 10:30 p.m. and the moon was just coming up and it was orange. so were getting there, I just hope the temp just keeps getting warmer and warmer.

My son is always cold, and we came home a couple times were he had turn the heat up to 80.
th.gif
I hate to are gas bill next month

Well off to let the Chicks and ducks out for the day
frow.gif

Well Phil is on my list!
rant.gif
That stupid groundhog saw his shadow again!
he.gif
Does anyone remember him NOT seeing his shadow?
barnie.gif
I think we are getting scammed I tell ya!!
old.gif
I think it is time for a little groundhog BBQ!!
tongue.gif
sickbyc.gif

Hello Everyone....6 more weeks of winter!!! 6 weeks will fly by and before you know it we will be complaining on how hot it is lol.
Would anyone know where I can get an October 2009 Vogue Magazine? I'll pay you if your reasonable and I'll pay for shipping too!

I won't complain about how hot it is,

I got so chilled this morning that I am having a hard time getting warm.
Sweet Chicks, have you tried the library?
Whathisface, drive carefull! Be safe.
Laura and Briana, hope your kids are feeling better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom