Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
My chickens love oranges! So, go for it! Glad you're finally getting some eggs. I have my chicens are pellets. I didn't like that powdery stuff either. So much waste!

Haven't made any plans for chickenstock yet. Think we have to wait till the first of the year to reserve a day. Is June ok with everyone?? It was a great time last year.

Hello Everyone!

My daughter Rachel wrote a song for our feathered friends.

The 12 Days of Christmas

1: a partridge cochin in a tree
2: runner ducks
3: bantam hens
4: call ducks
5: parakeets
6: geese a laying
7: swans a swimming
8: eggs a hatching
9: chicks a peeping
10: cocks a crowing
11: market roasters
12: call ducks calling

Enjoy!

Hey!!! I am in Antrim County too! I am closer to the Western edge. We have it a bit better than down state... 3 degrees warmer at least. Can hardly wait til Spring. Happy Holidays to everyone:weee

Quote:
LOL! very cute!

x2

Am I the only one up?
caf.gif

I'm up, drinking coffee and wondering if I will get enough oomph up to go grocery shopping. It's so grey outside, it's hard to get motivated to do much of anything.

Quote:
I give mine Oranges, pineapple, grapes, just about anything. They seem to go for bread or dough first then fruit last is veggies.

I give some other treats but had never tried oranges.
smile.png
Guess they'll be getting a special treat tonight. I have a hen who's being a bit broody already, I walk in the coop and she's sitting on the eggs and says "bbbuuurrrrrrrrrr" and I say get off of those eggs...and I get another "bbbbbuuuurrrrrr" LOL silly hen, but it's nice to know someone is taking care of the eggs in this cold weather. I think the coop is warm enough to keep them from freezing and busting open but nothing like a warm chicken butt to make sure it doesn't happen!
lau.gif

I'm officially done christmas shopping and last night we made a butt-load of buckeyes for the cookie trays. (how much is a butt-load you ask...about 350 of them LOL)

Quote:
I give mine Oranges, pineapple, grapes, just about anything. They seem to go for bread or dough first then fruit last is veggies.

I give some other treats but had never tried oranges.
smile.png
Guess they'll be getting a special treat tonight. I have a hen who's being a bit broody already, I walk in the coop and she's sitting on the eggs and says "bbbuuurrrrrrrrrr" and I say get off of those eggs...and I get another "bbbbbuuuurrrrrr" LOL silly hen, but it's nice to know someone is taking care of the eggs in this cold weather. I think the coop is warm enough to keep them from freezing and busting open but nothing like a warm chicken butt to make sure it doesn't happen!
lau.gif

I'm officially done christmas shopping and last night we made a butt-load of buckeyes for the cookie trays. (how much is a butt-load you ask...about 350 of them LOL)

I'm glad I don't do xmas shopping. It's funny seeing everyone on facebook talking about still having a lot to shop for. When I did shop, I would usually have it done by Dec 1. But when I worked in retail, it was nice to always be busy with the last-minute shoppers!
smile.png

350 buckeyes?? Those remind me of my mom. She had an antique dining room table with 6 inserts. She would put them all in and in a week it would be full of trays for the neighbors, day care families, teachers and people that worked for my dad (he was the administrator of the nursing home in Okemos for 20 years). Buckeyes were one of the things she made. I've had them a few times since her death 10 years ago, but none of them were the same as my mom's! It's things like that that I wish I had her write down recipes because she had secrets to all the candy and cookies she made!

Well last night we noticed that Gizmo's head was tilting to the side much more than normal. Jen, I'm beginning to wonder if your original diagnosis was right. It also seems he's not drinking as much anymore either...well, unless it's out of the dog bowl for some reason. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom