Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband had a co-worker over the other day, and we were showing her and boyfriend the chickens. I picked up the Brahma and he said, "This one is mine" I thought, "What the hell?" He NAMED her....does he feed them, water them, clean the coop? Um....no.... I swear, I wanted to smack him.....lmao He goes out to visit them once in awhile. He pesters them, from the deck impersonating a chicken (which is quite funny to watch thier reactions)

Last edited:
I have been soaking up the weather, outside everyday as much as possible. We've had camp fires several evenings. BUT more importantly this was my week to get the coops all ready for winter - nice weather, all the chickens out of the coop, perfect. I found some paneling in an old trailer that I want to cover the walls with in the big coop and the little coop needs insulation. I had a few drifts appear IN the coop during storms last year. So Sunday I did some work but had a slight migraine and after messing up decided working through it wasn't an option. Monday - the door knob breaks on the big coop where the electric is. So I can't cut anything or get in the big coop. I know how to open it with a knife but NOOOO it won't work when I need it to. So no work got done. When my husband got home he opened it and I duct taped the plate so it couldn't shut and put a block in front of the door. Tuesday - my husband had an unplanned visit to his RA dr. and since he can't remember a thing I needed to go. Wednesday - my son went to the coop first thing and was very helpful in REMOVING the duct tape so the door would shut ... and lock for the day. Last night my husband opened it again and we replaced it so the door now works. So today... Will I actually get anything done? We'll see.

Any sign of your chicken yet DaughterofEve? Mine wandered off for 3 days and I finally found her ok. I hope she's fine.

Quote:
love it!!

Thanks everyone for the concerns, I checked three times this morning before the little blither showed up from her hiding place. It must have been a dandy spot. I can just see her up in her tree, watching all of us out with flashlights combing the ground and tree branches looking for her, thinking "whatever". Here she is perched with her buddies:(she is the Nankin on the Left)

40537_2011nanies.jpg

Quote:
love it!!

Thanks everyone for the concerns, I checked three times this morning before the little blither showed up from her hiding place. It must have been a dandy spot. I can just see her up in her tree, watching all of us out with flashlights combing the ground and tree branches looking for her, thinking "whatever". Here she is perched with her buddies:(she is the Nankin on the Left)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/40537_2011nanies.jpg

Glad to hear she's home
yippiechickie.gif
....Doesn't look like a night out bothered her!!

Hey MI folks, miss you guys!! I will get back here, once my life returns to a somewhat normal status, if that is possible. In the mean time, my 4-H kids are putting on a swap meet Oct 15, it is kind of short notice, but we are taking advantage of MBGBA cancelling theirs that same weekend. Details below, please come out and support the kids!!

At Family Farm & Home, 558 N. Cedar St, Mason, MI, 9am-2pm. Sponsored by Barnyard Gang 4-H club. Come buy or sell!! Sellers fee is $10, buyers get in free. Bring your own tables and shelters if needed. Sellers responsible for appropriate tags, tests and/or papers needed.

Rabbits, Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Pigs, Cows, Horses, Sheep, Goats, Hay, Straw, Supplies & Equipment, Tractors, Trailers, Crafts, Antiques, Tack, Reptiles, Small Animals, it is all welcome!! Hope to see you there!!

Look at that! Ask and I shall receive! Good to see you Vicki and good luck on the swap.
smile.png

DaughterofEve -- Glad your hen came back. I have a few that have never transitioned to the new coop location. Five or so now sleep outside every night. One of those sleeps about 30 foot up in a Black Walnut tree. It's funny watching her get up there. They're more coordinated than they're sometimes given credit for. And those banties can fly better than the big fowl so I wouldn't put it past your little gal to have been somewhere nice and tall.

Was you missing me??? I am trying hard to get back on track, but it will take some doing. However, since I am about as stubborn as a mule, I have faith I will get there!!
wink.png
Would be great to see you at the swap, come visit!!
big_smile.png

I was! I just posted, I think it was yesterday, wondering if anybody had seen you. I would love to come down but the kids' last football game of the season is that day.
sad.png

Oh bummer! We were hoping, since that was originally the MBGBA swap meet day, that people would still have it open. In case anyone hasn't heard, the Hudsonville swap was canceled due to some kind of outbreak in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom