Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That's kind of what the forecast says, but I am with you- winter is winter. I really don't mind it during the winter months, especially if we have plenty of snow to keep hubby happy on his snowmobile, but when it's April or so I am ready for spring and I bet the chickens will be too.

Last edited:
Beautiful day out there. And it looks like I'm going to waste most of it.
Going to the dentist to have a few fillings replaced. They are over 40 years old and starting to leak. How wierd is that?
Then I have an exam that needs to be completed this afternoon. So no playing in the sun for me.

On a bright note, a speaker for ourt Master Gardener meeting tonight is a guy to tell us "all about backyard chickens". I'm curious to see how the discussion goes, considering that here in Wayne County chickens are largely "poultry non grata".

(another egg from Broil, she is a machine)

I was told to come over here and ask this, does anyone have any barred rock hatching eggs near mt. pleasant alma clare shepherd or harrison? I would love some to hatch if you have any please pm me

Quote:
That's kind of what the forecast says, but I am with you- winter is winter. I really don't mind it during the winter months, especially if we have plenty of snow to keep hubby happy on his snowmobile, but when it's April or so I am ready for spring and I bet the chickens will be too.

Well, we could have a super mild winter, like the El Nino days! That would make me much happier!! Otherwise, with the mood I have been in, I am likely to hurt someone anyway!!

Quote:

Well, we could have a super mild winter, like the El Nino days! That would make me much happier!! Otherwise, with the mood I have been in, I am likely to hurt someone anyway!!

I am with you Vicki! I despise winter. Despise with a capital D-E-S-P-I-S-E. Because the real words I'd like to use to describe winter are not family friendly.
hmm.png

As a matter of fact it may just be that time of year again? Time for our second annual how-to-survive-winter-when-you-have-to-do-outdoor-chores posts?

Beautiful day outside! Looks like a good day to catch up on some indoor/outdoor chores...well, that's the plan for the moment anyway.
tongue.png

Hope everyone can enjoy the day in someway today.
DaughterOfEve, glad your girl came home.
smile.png

YES!!! I know they really gave me some great ideas last year and made winter more bearable, if that is possible!! For the first time, chores were AS FREAKING COLD!!!

I am so very tempted to pick up and move out of state, wish there was a perfect place to go, not too hot, not too cold, low humidity, not a lot of bugs, snakes, spiders, hurricanes, floods, tornadoes or earthquakes!! Hmmm, thats not asking too much is it????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom