Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Had fun yesterday! I will have to bring my daughters to see your chickies. They with we could have more....they would love all yours. I think I am going to get my shy EE a buddy. Now, I just need to find one...lol. I am going to see what my uncle is willing to part with

Yay! My chickens that have been fighting roosting at night were on the roosts just now! Probably since it is cold outside. In warmer weather they want to sleep outside

In spite of the best laid plans to do more fishing, the summer was over without my having gone once. Tomorrow I'm getting up early and driving to a friend's house to pick him up and go fish the Huron River downstream from Flat Rock. Last year he took over 50 steelhead, with several over 12 pounds, from the Huron. Hopefully, the rain will stay away at least until I'm headed back home.
David saw several salmon and steelhead at the Grand River fish ladder in Lansing last week so maybe I'll try fishing that next week. Since I've never fished that far upstream before it should be interesting.

Last reminder!! Swap meet tomorrow!! Saturday, October 15, Come Join us at Family Farm & Home, 558 N. Cedar St, Mason, MI, 9am-2pm. Sponsored by Barnyard Gang 4-H club. Come buy or sell!! Sellers fee is $10, buyers get in free. Bring your own tables and shelters if needed. Sellers responsible for appropriate tags, tests and/or papers needed.

Rabbits, Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Pigs, Cows, Horses, Sheep, Goats, Hay, Straw, Supplies & Equipment, Tractors, Trailers, Crafts, Antiques, Tack, Reptiles, Small Animals, or anything else you want to bring, as long as it is legal, it is all welcome!! Hope to see you there!!

GOOD LUCK Opa, hope you catch em until your arms wanna fall off. I too failed to get out fishing one time this summer.

Quote:
They can't stop fighting until you allow them to establish their pecking order. Squabbles are normal when two animals meet one another up close and personal for the first time. As long as there's room for them to move around and for whomever ends up on the bottom of the totem pole to retreat there is no reason to interfere with their natural order of working things out unless things get very, VERY ugly. That RARELY happens.

Last edited:
Quote:
My fishing pretty much starts in Septemeber and goes on thru November. The salmon, steelies, and browns run at different times. I flyfish mostly for fresh fish that get put up for smoking, grilling, or patties. The rivers north and west of Baldwin are where I do my work. Occasionaly I'll drown a worm, or cast plugs for spring bass, walleye, and such. If I had a bigger boat my choice fish would be walleye on crawler rigs. That's the best eating I think. Good luck.

I'M GETTING KIDS IN MARCH WHOOHOO!!!

As in, Dwarf Nigerian Goat kids! The does I chose for kids have been bred, whoo! Definitely hoping for healthy doelings
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom