Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' all.
I'm glad to see we are back chatting together again. Good to see you back,
even you anti-change people.

The worst part was forgetting my password. But the reset feature took all of about 10 seconds, so I'm not complaining.

I like the new features, if you thought I was quirky or snarky before, just wait until I get all of this new stuff figured out.
yesss.gif

Hello Fellow Michiganers! Been awhile since I have been on, life is busy, computer is too slow to wait for it to work, and the weather has been great.

In September my daughter got some baby chicks from Michigan State University eggs. Out of the 9 bantams, 6 are roosters! So she is selling 4 roosters. Price is $10 each, please reply ASAP, as we don't have the room for them.

1- White Cochin
1- Black Cochin
1- Buff Brahma
1- unknown....

I posted on my facebook page and the only responses so far have been about if they are ready to butcher, clueless folks!

Hope to hear from you soon!

GRRR I HATE CHANGE!!! REALLY REALLY hate it!! I just don't have the brain power for this. First facebook then gmail now this.

Some of it is ok but I just hate figuring stuff out.

So, the good news is I have my first turkey related item thanks to my wonderful friend ChickwannaB. She sent me a beautiful magazine which I absolutely love! I was having a really rough day and she totally cheered me up!!
hugs.gif

Now all I need are the turkeys!

Went for my walk this morning. I'm glad I cut it short. Came back to find a hawk on top of my oldest hen tearing her apart! My first hawk attack in the more than 5 yrs of keeping chickens. I put saline on her, it's a pretty open wound. Waiting for the bag balm to soften a little so I can put some on the wound. Put some aspirin in her water. Just gave her some egg/pellet mixture and she's eating. Poor thing. I knew I should have waited until after the walk to let em out. But it was such a beautiful day and snow tomorrow. Not worth it tho.

big_smile.png
Very confused but working on figuring out this new format. Maybe I'll even be able to post a photo one day~

Chickflick - so sorry about your older hen. I lost one that way because her injuries were too severe. Hope yours recovers just fine!

Last edited:
Aspirin acts as a blood thinner. I don't think I would want that with an open wound.

Went for my walk this morning. I'm glad I cut it short. Came back to find a hawk on top of my oldest hen tearing her apart! My first hawk attack in the more than 5 yrs of keeping chickens. I put saline on her, it's a pretty open wound. Waiting for the bag balm to soften a little so I can put some on the wound. Put some aspirin in her water. Just gave her some egg/pellet mixture and she's eating. Poor thing. I knew I should have waited until after the walk to let em out. But it was such a beautiful day and snow tomorrow. Not worth it tho.

hugs.gif
I hope it goes well for you. I wonder if this weather is affecting the predators? Ours in the area are getting more bold than what is usual, even for this time of year.....

I wonder if the yucca will help my 2 fart box dogs not stink so bad when the have flatulence...
hmm.png

lau.gif
I don't know about that one!!! By the way, i was thinking about you and i remembered that Randy also sells at the Newago auction sometimes, and i know that he is willing to meet up in the parking lot or nearby gas station, to avoid exposing the chicks to the auction. I don't know if that would be close to you at all or not. I wish i knew what exactly his looked like. We need to gang up on him and get him to BYC! I think he'd fit in nicely.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom