Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RB, if you keep offering those poor innocent bottle babies up for adoption I'm going to bring you a couple of rogue Alpacas on trade.
lau.gif
Bring them on. I would much rather have Alpacas. At least I don't have to bottle feed them LOL

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!!!!! I am soooooo happy to have been invited to the group. I don't know what kind of chickens to get, what I want are brown egg layers that are on the friendly side. I don't know if I should get day old or ones already started. Please help me with advice, all is welcome because I am a newbie for sure. Does anyone know where I ought to get them? My local elevator orders from a hatchery here in Michigan Zeeland I think.

Kimmie

Welcome Kimmie.
BEAUTIFUL AVATAR!!!!!

Well I'm back and happy now that valentine's day is gone.

Bottle fed babies and chicks Oh MY!!!!!
Beautiful batch of chicks...congrats (sorry, I forgot whose first batch they are!)

Did you know there are also kinds that lay large green and blue eggs too? I think there's also cochins and silkies that lay light brown eggs? It all depends really if you need the eggs to sell, or if you just like them. There are quite a few kinds that lay brown eggs, but some produce more eggs than others. Some are better with free ranging, and some don't mind being penned. Sooooo many choices! Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions! Whatever you do build bigger than you need. See all the cute chicks? It's called "chicken math" and it happens every spring! (resisting the urge to buy chicks is rather like trying to eat just one chip)
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
All you can do is ask them.

I just asked the oldest if I could trade her alpacas for sheep she said, "No, because then I don't get money for them." I said, "You get sheep." She says, "I'd need to see pictures of these 'sheep'." Complete with air quotes on the "Sheep" part.
lau.gif
You know, because I would trade her alpacas for sheep that AREN'T real sheep.
roll.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom