Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, count just went up. 38 now. Just had another set of triplets. Wish they would quit that. Every time there are triplets that just one more I have to feed on a bottle !!! My sheep are hair sheep, there is no shearing of wool.
I never knew there was a difference.....just learned something knew. Now my DD wants to google it and find out more. Also...you'll laugh at this.....when telling my DH about your busy season and all the sets of twins & triplets and having to bottle feed them my DS was looking at me wide eyed and with an OMG LOOK. He thought you had 35 children....lmbo!!

So sorry. You must be exhausted. If I were closer I'd come help.
Just thinking of all the work she is doing makes me exhausted. I'd help too if I was closer....I think it would be an awesome and rewarding experience.
Well worth the exhaustion!!

Final count- seventeen! I also got a zillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn eggs in the mail today from Theron!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif

AND I have to tell you....those brown eggs he sent me are the BIGGEST eggs I have ever ever seen from a chicken. HUGE..I think he is pulling a fast one on me and sent me goose eggs.

I loaded my incubator full...and I had NO choice- I stuck the showgirl eggs under the silkie. They will hatch in nine days. I put the d'uccle eggs under the sizzle....minus two. Two of them went into my incubator, and then I crammed that 'bator FULL of these giant eggs from him, along with five blue ones.

Thank you thank you thank you Theron- however, i really think I must owe you money. SOOO many eggs. BEAUTIFUL packaging, not a single egg broken- I think I could have dropped each egg package onto the floor and nothing would have broken.

However, if I hatch out an ostrich or a goose, you will definitely be hearing about it. And if not, my goodness- give those hens a sitz bath...their bottoms must be sore!!!
So. starting the count from tomorrow, I expect eggs to hatch on March 16th. St Pattys day babies.

It is snowing here. I am hoping I do not get much in my driveway though. Lol. I put a wood board up going into the winter run to snow out of there in case Skeeter figures out how to get out again. I do not want the littles to get in the snow.

What kind of eggs are they again mom?

It is snowing here. I am hoping I do not get much in my driveway though. Lol. I put a wood board up going into the winter run to snow out of there in case Skeeter figures out how to get out again. I do not want the littles to get in the snow.
What kind of eggs are they again mom?

Nova - supposed to be quite a few inches of snow! Hope you don't lose any babies in the deep snow!

He sent me prized d'uccle eggs, and a mixture of rhode island red, australorp, ancona, delaware, red sex link, easter egger, olive egger, and silkie mixes and ostrich mixes.

wee.gif
My bator and broodies are FULL. :

RMH and Nova - BEAUTIFUL chickens!  Thanks for the photos!
Get well everyone!

Thank you. I am going to try and get one of Leila. She's a good momma, she is not however as adventurous as Skeeter. She is taking her littler out of her coop, but only in the garage area I have boxed off for her, not past yet. They are very different in they're mommy-ing.

krisrose and I just came back from the ER. My trigger finger locked and I could not straighten it! Got 2 shots to numb it, but nothing was happening. DR said he could give me more shots, but I declined and told him to go for it. man, that sure hurt like heck. sitting here with ice on it. out of commision for a couple days. looks like another surgery in the future.

no snow here yet.

gosh mom, what are you gonna do with all those chicks?

Stay off line for a couple of hours and you have a ton of posts to read thru. Miss a couple of days and it becomes almost insurmountable. If I could make a suggest for something that might lessen our reading load.

Everyone seems to be getting the hang of multi quoting but are you aware that once you hit reply and the multiple quotes appear you can go into that quote and delete everything except the portion of the quote that you are wanting to reference. I think
everyone would be surprised by how much repetitious reading that would eliminate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom