Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
For fear of getting yelled at, is this your first time incubating SillyChicken? This is our second year, last year we purchased a used incubator and had so much fun. What eggs have you set?

If one puts sand in the coop, how do you do a good cleaning?? I wash the walls, nest boxes and floor down with a power washer.

I'm thinking sand blasting is the only way chickflick. Just kidding the sand should wick away the water and dry quickly with warm temps and good ventilation.

If one puts sand in the coop, how do you do a good cleaning?? I wash the walls, nest boxes and floor down with a power washer.

A few questions:
What is your coop constructed of?
How quickly does it fully dry after power washing?
How often do you power wash it?

A few questions:
What is your coop constructed of?
How quickly does it fully dry after power washing?
How often do you power wash it?

Wood, painted with oil paint.
Never timed it, maybe an hour.
Try once in spring and once in fall.

For fear of getting yelled at, is this your first time incubating SillyChicken? This is our second year, last year we purchased a used incubator and had so much fun. What eggs have you set?

Why would you be yelled at?

This would be our first year... but may be put on hold. I spoke to the breeder of the turkeys and we're going to make some changes to their coop and see if they'll brood themselves first. If they won't then, I probably will incubate next time.

Wood, painted with oil paint.
Never timed it, maybe an hour.
Try once in spring and once in fall.

could you rake the sand to the center of the coop floor and power wash the walls etc.. Most of the water that may hit the sand will drain well enough. Just rake it back once your done.

I think most of the people who are considering sand have dirt floors to begin with. You can't power wash a dirt floor anyway.

I guess I shouldn't have said "yelled at". I was pressed for time and couldn't read back. Sorry!

Incubating is so much fun. My 10 yr old daughter and I are addicted. We have 6 LF Polish & 3 Std Wyandotte that are developing in our bator. These fuzz-butts are due on St. Pattys Day. We plan on incubating our own eggs as soon as these are hatched out.

I hope to be able to incubate our own turkey eggs this year too. Our White Midget just will not set on her eggs for the entire period. She makes it about a week or so and then disappears off the nest :(

I wish you luck if you incubate, you will LOVE it!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom