Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks yorkchick and farmerboy16 for the nice greetings. Looking at a busy summer and the processing is my next challenge to meet and knock down. Nice grain bin, wish I had one now. Scaling up is something I will do if things work out and margins are good. Great site and glad people are willing to share. Thanks, Fred

To all of the new folks who have recently joined out thread WELCOME. Lots of nice folks so you will fit right in. Be sure to click on the link in my signature line to get information about our annuyal get together "Chickenstock".

Cattle Cait, I'm located in Howell

Once again, welcome everyone to our circle of friends.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Noobie! I am new myself. Glad to see so many chicken people in one place. Hope your ckickens do well. Fred

Welcome
welcome-byc.gif
To all the new comers......this is a great thread.....check in regularly or it will take you days to catch up!!

Yorkchick.....those are nice sized eggs....Really nice looking too!

Farmerboy...... how often do need to fill that nice shiny feed bin?

Beautiful day & I'm heading back out.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to all the newbies...I'm somewhat new myself. Like everyone has stated keep checking in or you'll never catch up. When they told me they were a chatty group they sure weren't kidding. I have learned a lot of chicken raising from here and I have had chickens in the past.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome new folks, glad to have you here. We are a chatty bunch and usually post 4 or 5 pages of silliness each day. Sometimes even more. There is a lot of great information here. Be sure to look at the links in my signature for information on our meet and great that we call ChickenStock.

I just came in from outside to freshen my "ginger ale" and will be back later to chat and post some pictures. It's just too nice to be inside right now.
Gotta love the time change and a fantastic day to be outdoors.

To all the new members! I finally go to use my welcome smiley!

I got the coop cleaned out. I got it the old bedding set on fire and its smoldering now. I stink like I rolled in the ashes. LOL. OH JOY! I did not however get to the store to buy what I needed for treatment. I am going in the morning. I put nothing in the coop so I'll be able to treat the coop as soon as my oldest goes to school in the morning. Gonna be fun. Oh yeah.

Thanks for all the advice for treating the mites.

There is a lady here in Holland on the corner of 112 and Quincy who does butchering... 2.50 a bird, but you have to bring your own bags, or 2.75 and she bags em. She did a nice job doing all my extra roos last year, and we are going to use her again this year for the meaties. I am supposed to be getting my bonus this week, and the plan is to go and buy my first round of meaties. I got card board from work to re-board the brooder. Because the weather is better, they will be in the garage for a few weeks, and then I will give them some yard time. I know they are going to be on the dinner plate, but I figure they may as well have as much of a real chicken life as possible first. But anyway, she needs a 3 week advance appt so she can do it. Says she's super busy this time of year.

I figure, sooner or later I will learn to do it myself... More than likely later. LOL

I just came in from outside to freshen my "ginger ale" and will be back later to chat and post some pictures. It's just too nice to be inside right now.
Gotta love the time change and a fantastic day to be outdoors.

I was outside thinking that you were rather selfish RaZ... I didn't have any beer to enjoy... OH, I don't drink beer... Well, Root Beer... I was, and still is such a lovely day here.

I need to go and stir the burn pile a bit. Its still smoking big time... I just want it to finish up.

OH, A man with a walker came by the front of the house today instead of taking the side walk. He wanted to check out my chickens. He kindly informed me that I had very interesting looking chickens. He hung out there on the road for a bit just watching them all run around. No, it wasn't creepy, cuz he really was looking at the chickens. LOL.

YUCK I feel like I got the crawlies!

Ooooo I spend the day being productive and in pops in some newbies! :: waves ::

Welcome!

So my DH and I spend the afternoon swapping out the hay for pineshavings in the coop. Now there is a nice layer of DE and pineshavings and the chickens won't go inside the coop now. They just peek in the door in awe of it all. The nice weather must have triggered the girls to be laying machines again. We are starting to lay more. Still no bantam eggs though. :(

Big Boy and my lovely FBCM Roo are going to take up residence at Robin's this week. I'll have to drive my corrolla down to see her to prevent me from bringing home a lamb.
lol.png
She might just shove one in my trunk while I'm not looking! I'll have to keep my eye on her....

I think I am going to hatch out some mutts from my EE's. Big Boy came from a lovely dark chocolate egg and I'd love some Olive Eggers. So I am going to go ahead and fire up the bator to get it set. Woot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom