Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all are a bunch of chicken enablers you know that? when DH comes home and says "you did what?" I'm blaming all of you. You're all just lucky that he's too lazy to drive out there and smack all of you for me!

So since this thread just hanging there kinda slow-like, I started thinking to myself; "swampducks, TSC didn't have what you wanted last week, gas prices are too high to just willy-nilly make a 75-80 mile round trip to Alpena in case they have something you want this week, or next week when you'll be heading to Alpena around the 28th for groceries, but that's a Loooong time from now, and it's so much warmer than it ought to be and other people don't seem to have too much trouble getting chicks even when it's colder out, and though you have a hatchery order coming the first week of June, why not just head over to your favorite hatchery website and see what they might have sooner, and lookee there! They got some nice laying type birds available the first week of April!!! A whole 2 months earlier so you could have eggs possibly by August. hmmm, should you just get 10 or 12 pullets? But wait the shipping fees get lower with the more birds you buy and if you buy 11 of a breed the chick price drops too... hmmmmm

So you enablers, first week of April I'm getting a mess of Golden Buffs, aka gold comets aka gold sex-links and for the heck of it because they didn't have buff orpingtons available that week a mess of Blue Andalusians just because they had 'em available and they were different. I know absolutely NOTHING about them other than the tiny blurb under the photo.
hide.gif

I did remain slightly sensible and order straight run so extra roos will be visiting freezer camp, but still.... I've succumbed to chicken math!
barnie.gif

And TSC will probably have I was looking for when I finally do get there.
th.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
I have Andalusions. They are cool but flighty.

I gave up sexing mine...I wait until they shoot out eggs or start to crow! LOL We need to have a chick-sexing class at chicken stock! :)
We could set one up but I'm not sure that it would go over very well. I don't think many people are going to sit for hours staring at a bird's butt waiting for an egg to drop.

Last edited:
very tickled and looking forward to an interesting year here, I just got a pkg of 7 white JG eggs in the mail that I bought, They are in the bator as we speak. Hoping to have a great hatch by April 4TH. WHITE JERSEY GIANTS!!!

of all that's Holy and Good....after MONTHS....I got a bantam egg today.

...popped it right in the turner.
big_smile.png

Robin - 40 eggs a day??!! PM me again with the breeds? I am setting 42...my luck (knowing that I don't need that many chicks)...all of them will hatch...and they'll all be roos. heh heh

mom2, good luck with your surgery,,hope things go well and you are home same day..
fl.gif

we are going to a birthday party for my son-in-laws grandmother, she is 100, sharp as a tack and very mobile... aw-some lady

Raz,
I don't blame u. I'm no expert....far from it.....Everybody has an opinion and soil varies just as much. I think trial and error is the way to go.

Oooooooooooooooooh OLIVE!

just an FYI...I have 2 new litters of Hares that were born today :)

*whispers* I've been making plans/arrangements for a place for Waffles my Belgian office Hare who wears a dark blue sport coat and carries a pocket watch.

I AM NOT CRAZY! Don't look at me like that.
lau.gif

Seriously though. There's a story behind all this. We're *hoping* to build me a new office outside the house this year. I told DH that I was going to get a hare for my office because I like to have a pet around when I'm working. He asked what kind of hare and I said "A Belgian Hare, of course! My favorite kind. I even have a source all lined up." and he immediately responded "So you'll name it Waffles?" Belgian Waffles.... LOL! That man...
roll.png

So then the next morning he texts me about 10 am and asked how my day was, I texted back that it'd be better if I were in my new office with Waffles my Belgian Office Hare who wears a dark blue sport coat and carries a pocket watch. (a la Alice in Wonderland, because I LOVE it) and he texts back, "Then he could tell you the time." So I said, "Exactly!" to which he then responds, "It'd just be a Hare slow." Again...
roll.png

Anywhooo... so I'm totally working on it. *Squeeee!*

Raz,
I don't blame u. I'm no expert....far from it.....Everybody has an opinion and soil varies just as much. I think trial and error is the way to go.
If you do a soil test, you'll know exactly what macro and micro nutrients you need and how much to apply to get the conditions you need for your particular crop. Takes a lot of the guess work out.

I take the "right plant in the right place" approach for many of my plantings. It helps to have an understanding of soil science and nutrient cycling that takes place in the soil. But you have to know where you are starting from.

*whispers* I've been making plans/arrangements for a place for Waffles my Belgian office Hare who wears a dark blue sport coat and carries a pocket watch.

I AM NOT CRAZY! Don't look at me like that.
lau.gif

Seriously though. There's a story behind all this. We're *hoping* to build me a new office outside the house this year. I told DH that I was going to get a hare for my office because I like to have a pet around when I'm working. He asked what kind of hare and I said "A Belgian Hare, of course! My favorite kind. I even have a source all lined up." and he immediately responded "So you'll name it Waffles?" Belgian Waffles.... LOL! That man...
roll.png

So then the next morning he texts me about 10 am and asked how my day was, I texted back that it'd be better if I were in my new office with Waffles my Belgian Office Hare who wears a dark blue sport coat and carries a pocket watch. (a la Alice in Wonderland, because I LOVE it) and he texts back, "Then he could tell you the time." So I said, "Exactly!" to which he then responds, "It'd just be a Hare slow." Again...
roll.png

Anywhooo... so I'm totally working on it. *Squeeee!*

My friend works from home has an office pet, her great dane. She refers to him as her "co-worker" in her fb posts. It just cracks me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom