Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

My little coop was full of little flies tonight, not blackflys, much smaller but they were biting me. They were crawling all over the chickens. I don't know what to do for them now. They must just come out at night because I haven't noticed them any other time but tonight I was out there after dark.
We had them in the goat enclosure, turns out the straw DH put down in the spring to absorb moisture was also holding it...... They were laying eggs in the damp straw. Bleh. No wonder the chickens kept sneaking in. Anyway, he just rototilled the area and problem solved.

Coon issues:
How are the coons getting in you mom's coop, VJ? Good to keep updated on the coon's new tricks................. I live in fear of what the ones around here are plotting.. :(

OLIVE-
I realize that you cannot tell how big it is because there is nothing to compare it to other than my daughters fingers..however, trust me, its big.

Your naked neck frizzle easter egger Uggo-to-be!

I still can't believe you got those eggs!! What have I done?!

Good lord, Im gonna go out there to a flock of turkeys packed into my truck, aren't I?
hide.gif

I hope so...

Shush! You're getting some of those ridiculous things, too. Even if I have to do a drive-by Ugging.

I have a question.
It is incubator-hot out there. SO, if my box of eggs came from South Carolina...oh, excuse me,...I meant Olive's, Robin's, and my eggs...

and when I opened the box, the eggs felt as warm as my house is (very very warm)....does today still count as Day 1? Because wouldnt they start their own incubating enroute?

If that is a totally ridiculous question, please don't laugh at me.
hide.gif

Well, if it's near 100 degrees and has been maintained... yes. If not then it might just compromise the hatch rate in the long run. Maybe Robin and I don't have to worry after all...
hu.gif

wink.png

I have a question.
It is incubator-hot out there. SO, if my box of eggs came from South Carolina...oh, excuse me,...I meant Olive's, Robin's, and my eggs...

and when I opened the box, the eggs felt as warm as my house is (very very warm)....does today still count as Day 1? Because wouldnt they start their own incubating enroute?

If that is a totally ridiculous question, please don't laugh at me. :oops:

Ummm let us set this straight for the record..... Nowhere do I EVER recall wanting Uggo's. Big , little , or in between. Uggo's are ugly. LOL. :lol:

I still can't believe you got those eggs!!  What have I done?! 

I hope so...

Shush!  You're getting some of those ridiculous things, too.  Even if I have to do a drive-by Ugging. 

Well, if it's near 100 degrees and has been maintained... yes.  If not then it might just compromise the hatch rate in the long run.  Maybe Robin and I don't have to worry after all... :confused:

;)
whew. Robin don't want no Uggo's. Lol

I don't believe Olive is making assumptions. I believe she is stating her opinion. I relocate all the coons I catch and I am a member of HSUS and I take no offense in what she says. Every person is different and every person believes in things differently. One must do what they believe is right. I personally don't believe in poison and I don't believe in shooting them but I never hold it against another person for what they choose to do. I only have to live with what I do.

Well I just never saw where vjwilmoth stated that she was one of the bleeding heart, anti gun masses. I could be wrong and totally missed that post. (does worrying that you're not effective enough with a gun equate to bleeding heart, anti-gun masses?)

But the whole approach of the post seemed based on that strawman. Do I think that poison is the way to go? No. Do I think ad hominem based on a strawman is the way to go? No. Do I hope that people here can educate people here and allow them to make their own choices without mocking and disparaging them for a lack of education, understanding, etc. (Like Opa strives for). Yes.

I have a CS question: Since I never thought I'd make CS (now I have to go to deliver a FG to Mom) I never made any items for the raffle table. Oh yeah, here's the question - does a donated item have to be chicken related? Can it be a mason jar with something good in it (no not frogs RAZ)?

John

I have a CS question: Since I never thought I'd make CS (now I have to go to deliver a FG to Mom) I never made any items for the raffle table. Oh yeah, here's the question - does a donated item have to be chicken related? Can it be a mason jar with something good in it (no not frogs RAZ)?

John

Moonshine?

Well I just never saw where vjwilmoth stated that she was one of the bleeding heart, anti gun masses.  I could be wrong and totally missed that post.  (does worrying that you're not effective enough with a gun equate to bleeding heart, anti-gun masses?) 

But the whole approach of the post seemed based on that strawman.  Do I think that poison is the way to go?  No.  Do I think ad hominem based on a strawman is the way to go?  No.  Do I hope that people here can educate people here and allow them to make their own choices without mocking and disparaging them for a lack of education, understanding, etc. (Like Opa strives for).  Yes.

And I agree with that. All I'm saying is people believe differently and do things differently. No Vj did not state anything, IMO , that would say bleeding heart but it doesn't matter what I read or think , it was Olive's conversation with her. Just because Olive believes in shooting them is not to say everyone MUST believe in it. Olive is very opinionated and she has the right to be but that doesn't make it right or wrong. That is her belief. And I treasure Olive's opinion. Do I have to agree with it ? No. But we can still be friends even though there are different beliefs.

And I agree with that. All I'm saying is people believe differently and do things differently. No Vj did not state anything, IMO , that would say bleeding heart but it doesn't matter what I read or think , it was Olive's conversation with her. Just because Olive believes in shooting them is not to say everyone MUST believe in it. Olive is very opinionated and she has the right to be but that doesn't make it right or wrong. That is her belief. And I treasure Olive's opinion. Do I have to agree with it ? No. But we can still be friends even though there are different beliefs.

Well if Olive has a right to her opinion then I do to my opinion that she made a lot of assumptions. And I totally am not being BFFs with EITHER OF YOU! *flounces off*

Um, kidding in case you didn't guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom