Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Milford. The uggos certainly are interesting looking birds. I'm not in particular need of more babies at the moment, but at the rate I'm losing birds to coons, perhaps I'll need to replace the whole flock with uggos. maybe that will scare them away!
it can be arranged. In fact, SIllyChicken has a spare...

Dipsy sent me wayyyyyyyyyyy more than twelve eggs. Lets see what hatches!

There is no regret in asking...the regret comes when you actually get one or two of this abominations of nature. Picture a nightmare blend of vulture, ostrich, dinosaur and that nerd that got picked on in school. Then you almost get the picture. Add a bow-tie and you have an Uggo.
However, they lay a nice 40-45 gram creamy-tan egg and after initial revulsion, are actually nice birds. As they grow, they use their magic powers on you and you end up thinking that they are actually nice chickens.

The unfortunate part is the nerd component. You need to keep them well stocked with either Magic the Gathering cards or graph paper so they can generate their own D&D dungeons (adults only). Under no circumstances should you give them any ideas by letting them watch the Phoenix scenes in Harry Potter.

Do you realize that a gallon of honey is about 12 pounds? Somewhere in the $50-60 range?

There is no regret in asking...the regret comes when you actually get one or two of this abominations of nature. Picture a nightmare blend of vulture, ostrich, dinosaur and that nerd that got picked on in school. Then you almost get the picture. Add a bow-tie and you have an Uggo.
However, they lay a nice 40-45 gram creamy-tan egg and after initial revulsion, are actually nice birds. As they grow, they use their magic powers on you and you end up thinking that they are actually nice chickens.
Well, cant you just hang on to it and like, sell me a pound at a time? So the ants dont invade it here? I know where you live..

And you described the Uggo perfectly hahaha..

1) Even if someone fills your car with uggos?
2) THE GEESE NEVER HATCHED! I blame you!
3) While I agree with your stance on poison, I have no idea where you got the anti-gun thing from (3rd paragraph). Really she just brought up what I did a bit ago about shooting a coon and figuring out how. I botched it. And it was awful for all. Is that an indictment on gun owners? Geez I hope not because then I just hosed myself... A better approach might have been to do what you did with me and explain how you can more effectively kill with one shot.
4) Wait what? Does that mean I have to put the liquor down? Crud.

1) Never mind. I'm busy. LOL!

2) Well, MY geese hatched. I blame you!

3) I think we're counting paragraphs differently.
gig.gif

This is the 3rd I was talking about. I suppose that makes the 2nd a sentence and not a real paragraph, but alas...

"The point is: You're wrong. Poison does not kill in "seconds". Not 10, not 20, not 60. For a mammal, death by poison is slow and painful. Think in the form of hours and sometimes days, not even minutes. "

I see where you're coming from now though. My issue with her indictment of gun owners wasn't that it sometimes takes more than one shot -- I unloaded on one the other day that refused to die -- but that she was saying death by gun is worse than death by poison because it sometimes takes more than one shot. If you've never seen an animal have a grand mal seizure because of poison, let me tell you... it's not pretty, and I've got an iron stomach. Death even from a whole clip is faster than that.
sickbyc.gif

4) It's after noon....
hu.gif

Because I am too hot to use the energy to go back a page, I will just quote THIS post..

the temps on the way here will NOT affect hatchability...these are UGGOS. They are from the dinosaur era, nothing short of a meteor will affect their hatchability...

Oh brother...
roll.png

I'm also sad that you have to work, ha ha! I'm sad my wife has to work too, ba ha ha ha! Good idea about jam - maybe I'll borrow (steal) some of her jams, nope can't do it - she's coming with....

Can you have a talk with my DH? He's constantly giving my canned goods away. I went to the bank last summer and every teller in the place was all, "Where's our spiced peaches?" Meanwhile, I have no idea what they're talking about. He'd been in there telling them all about it and how he'd bring some in. I just asked him if he had any idea how much work goes into making them. He shrugged. LOL!

they should be fine in the fridge. you can even freeze them.

Ah thanks. I'll be using some in my dish for Chickenstock (and would like to blow them out earlier) but I wondered if I did it tonight if I needed to freeze and thaw etc. If they'll be good until Sat un the fridge, all the better for me (I'll be freezing the rest for baking).

Question - if I unshell/blow eggs do the insides need to be used that day? Or will the shelless eggs keep in the fridge for a day or two?

If you put them in the fridge put a piece of plastic wrap right on top to seal out the air. The exposed part will crust over otherwise.

But yeah, you can freeze them, too. Or scramble them up right when you do it and the cooked eggs last in the fridge just fine.

The unfortunate part is the nerd component. You need to keep them well stocked with either Magic the Gathering cards or graph paper so they can generate their own D&D dungeons (adults only). Under no circumstances should you give them any ideas by letting them watch the Phoenix scenes in Harry Potter.

hahahahahaha wow. this year's chicks (my first ever... I've always gotten birds well "out of the brooder" before) got to watch some TV before they moved to the coop, but nothing that would scar their development or give them too many ideas. I did let my cats watch the X Files this week, though. THAT was an error.

Or scramble them up right when you do it and the cooked eggs last in the fridge just fine.

Well you can't make a "healthy" banana/zucchini/bran bread with unbelievably unhealthy goose eggs if you scramble them first!

(banana walnut pound cake is a thing, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom