Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahahaha wow. this year's chicks (my first ever... I've always gotten birds well "out of the brooder" before) got to watch some TV before they moved to the coop, but nothing that would scar their development or give them too many ideas. I did let my cats watch the X Files this week, though. THAT was an error.
My chicks had TV in the garage/coop, but it was only basic cable.
Oh you're in trouble. Cats don't need any ideas. Birds have no imagination.
I had a parrot that would call the cat, "here kitty, kitty, kitty" and the cat would come every time. Then the parrot would laugh hysterically. Darn bird did the same to my ex-wife except it was the phone ringing.
I came home from work one day and the bird was gone, the ex said she gave him away because he was "mean".
lau.gif

My chicks had TV in the garage/coop, but it was only basic cable.
I had a parrot that would call the cat, "here kitty, kitty, kitty" and the cat would come every time. Then the parrot would laugh hysterically. Darn bird did the same to my ex-wife except it was the phone ringing.
I came home from work one day and the bird was gone, the ex said she gave him away because he was "mean".
lau.gif
sorry she got rid of your bird, sounds like a hoot
lau.gif

Would it be unwise of me to tell every one to shut up? Just till I catch up?
Didn't we tell you?
You have been tasked to write a weekly summary of what we talk about here on this thread.
To make it easy, a new thread has been started on BYC. "Nova's Weekly Recap of the Michigan Thread". Your first post is due tomorrow by noon.

That's because you lost the rock, paper, scissors challenge. Kerry won and took what she wanted. I was second place and got a skunk.
lau.gif
gig.gif

hahahahahahaha....
lau.gif

Um...
Nigellas told me I could give you the extras.
LOL, noooo. I told you *I* didn't want the extra. I believe you said "she won't mind another" lol.
tongue.png
That said, I'm collecting pullets for a friend who wants a few more hens - If you had an extra you didn't want, Silly, I could bring it back for her. It would have to be a pullet though - She may be able to forgive me bringing her an Uggo, but never an Uggo Roo. lol

Just letting everyone know ahead of time what we are bringing to chickenstock.
- serama chicks and hatching eggs
- blrw bantam chicks (sold to RBahmer)
- laying pullets of different breeds
- muscovy ducklings
- a few call ducklings
- hatching and eating eggs from different breeds of chickens
- a golden laced sebright pullet
- a few millie fleur duccle teenagers
- theron fowl farm t-shirts

Is it okay to bring eggs to eat if we store them in a cooler?

Well, I don't think that anyone would actually do it... LOL, But IF I were to give a daily report on what happens on this thread... It'd be kinda hard... I'd just have to say that the Abbots and the Newmans were creating interesting reading, and I am so glad that I was not on the receiving end of the martini splash.

I was amazed at how many posts there were to read today! Holy moley! That was the most action this thread has seen for a while in such a short amount of time!

I never thought about how the frost was going to make things even crappier for the wildlife in terms that there is more of them, less food, so my chickens, and others look good. BUT what an idiot to go out of her way to feed raccoons on purpose! I guess she doesn't realise that her kids could be blinded by those cute little critters. AND I agree, they are cute, but they need to be cute away from my birds. They will not be cute for long otherwise. I guess that would also explain why I have ants from HELL in my house this year. UGH! I am used to a few here and there, but man, when they are in my bedroom! My bedroom isn't even near the loo either...

As for what to bring for the chicken stock table. I will probably bring some artwork of some sort... I haven't decided yet... BUT since I am going to be stuck in my freaking kitchen most the day tomorrow baking, I will have nothing better to do in between loafs. I am sorry, not bringing the Amish friendship bread. It is such yummy stuff too. BUT there was this problem with letting it sit and ferment for 10 days per batch that made it a bit of a nope. I have rotten kids. It would have been destroyed. SO, going to make some of my more favorite num nums. I hope people like it, but if not, well I know who... I mean what will.

RaZ, I already have a list of things to purchase... and now I am thinking I might grab a jar of honey from you too. SO, how much are you selling for so I know how much to add to my spending wallet.

Mom, how much do I owe you for the non broody broodies?

How much are the silkie chicks going to be going for also?

AND, who wants rabbits? My neighbor has a few rabbits for sale on CL. http://holland.craigslist.org/grd/3070045162.html that I am sure I can bring with me. I will need to know ASAP so cages can be arranged for transport.

No, M.SUE, I didn't order the chicks from CR. I kept having different things occur that had to be paid out of pocket that interfered with getting them. He does still have them for me though.

I have squeaking springs in my side yard... I swear, they carry on more than the chickens do. Guineas...

Ok... Now, back to your regularly scheduled BSing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom