Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I'd probably be the undesirable person that would probably take a raccoon to the nature center because I can't kill stuff. So I'm already behind the 8 ball in everyone's opinion.
roll.png

Nah, we all have a a gentle side, and love nature. It's just when that "nature" comes and eats our "stuff" that we get a bit upset.

My sister ran over a little bird when she was learning to drive - she didn't drive for ages. And when I hit a pheasant, and got out to make sure it was dead (I didn't want it to linger and suffer) she wouldn't speak to me for several months.

I like to watch the foxes, and coons, and hawks, just stay away from by livestock!

RaZ, I already have a list of things to purchase... and now I am thinking I might grab a jar of honey from you too. SO, how much are you selling for so I know how much to add to my spending wallet.
Just bring a hundred dollar bill. I can break it. I can break it into 2 fives and a ten.
gig.gif

(I'll try to post prices tomorrow)
Um... Maybe easier to do a daily wouldn't it? LOL. I think I'd be taking a lot of notes otherwise!
And I thought I was being nice with a weekly recap...
But you volunteered...
Don't ask Mom2...She can show you what roosters look like...but not the hens
lau.gif

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Ha! OK parrots aren't birds. They're (hmmm how does censoring work... ) hot dogs with feathers.
Parrots are creepy and fascinating. But not normal birds. Parrots, Ravens, Starlings - they have feathers and wings but they are totally "other".
Parrots are profanity with wings. Mine knew all of the swear words. I have no idea where they got that from!
hide.gif

I had 4 baby roolets this year. hmmm....that's not the right word. cockrels! Had 4, anyway. I was fretting over what to do, since I'm not supposed to have any at all. Well, I got an email from a woman who was looking for a friendly youngster. She brought her daughter over to pick one out, little girl was hugging him all the way home I think. Then two of them turned into coon chow... so I'm down to one barnyard mix, looks like he's got some americauna in him - he's got a beard. He's bright orange. I took in a pile of chicks from a woman who wanted her kids to see eggs hatch, bought an incubator, bought some eggs off criagslist, spent the time making sure they hatched, and then... um... that's where the planning kinda petered out. so, I can bring the remaining bright orange rooling (there has got to be a better term than cockrel, really) to the chickenstock, if anyone is interested in him... I won't put him through the stress of going unless I know someone is interested, though.

I THINK I GOT THROUGH TO MY NEIGHBOR!!!!! I offered her the use of my livetraps for the catching of the baby coons living motherless under her porch, she didn't want to disturb them... so i left the traps by my garage and told her she was welcome to grab them if they changed their mind. Came home from work today to see a trap on their back porch :) hooray!

Well you can't make a "healthy" banana/zucchini/bran bread with unbelievably unhealthy goose eggs if you scramble them first!

(banana walnut pound cake is a thing, right?)

Cake can never be wrong. LOL!

Hey also, why will your geese crop the grass down to nothing but leave tufts of weeds everywhere?! SPOILED! You were clearly too softhearted with them.

And... this confirms it. The Mayans were right, 2012 is the end. I've just been accused of being softhearted... I'll take it!

Ha! OK parrots aren't birds. They're (hmmm how does censoring work... ) hot dogs with feathers.

Parrots are creepy and fascinating. But not normal birds. Parrots, Ravens, Starlings - they have feathers and wings but they are totally "other".

You want creepy and fascinating? MONKEYS!

Is anyone interested in rabbits? My daughter has moved and didn't take her two and mine has lost it's mate. I don't have time for them anymore either.

1 fawn buck approximately 3 years old - $10
1 chinchilla buck approximately 3 years old - $10
1 grey lionhead doe 3 years old (with pedigree) - $20

I would be willing to trade if someone has something I could use. I hate to let these guys go but they need more attention than I can give them anymore. They are all handheld and very sweet, especially the boys. I used them in my photography business ever since I've owned them.

If anyone is interested I will bring them to chickenstock.

Randy- I sent you a PM.

Be nice to parrots, Eeyore! My grey talks all day long, prefers to sound like someone is banging something metal on a flag pole, he rings, he cusses, he calls the dogs, the cats, my husband has conversations with him, and thinks it is me answering..I love him like he is my son.However, he can drive me insane..like doing his flagpole sound at 4:30 a.m....

but he is worth it. He hates coming out of his cage, if I open the door he will come down to where the door is, then close the door and go back up to his perch. We have to use flat wood for him because he has NO toes. Parent birds bit them off when he hatched.

He was my gift to me when I was in tech school. He was a rescue, and had been in seven homes in seven years. He is seventeen now, and apparently he is also illegal in my city. (ordinance says, a combination to a total of 3 animals. dogs, cats, nonbreeding rabbits, and canaries, only.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom