Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday night I noticed one of my turkey hens bleeding on her back. Guess the boss was being a bit rough and cut a 2 inch gash in her back. I brought her inside, cut off all the deadish skin and stuff, cleaned her up as much as I could. Tape does not stick to their skin for some reason, so I ended up stitching her up myself. She looked pretty good this morning so I hope she'll be ok.

Works gotten really busy for me (which is good) but it means I can't be on here much!

Hope you guys all have a great weekend!

We would appreciate prayers for my little nephew- Micah- Meaning ''Who is like God.''
This image was taken when he was 20 weeks old. I love his smile.

His mommy and daddy- My oldest brother and his wife. This was taken when they first found out that they were expecting him.

He is now 24 weeks old. He is due in October 26th, if he survives that long, if he does, he will die as soon the cord is cut, for he has serious heart issue, and many other issues.
sad.png
The doctors have found what is causing him to have these problems. His 5th and 14th chromosomes have for some reason had broken off, so the blueprint for Micah was missing information to build him, resulting lots of problems. Plus the broken parts had reattached themselves to the different parts of the chromosomes, making the building process confused with the misinformation. I am so sad for the little guy, but I know that God knows what is best for him and all of us. We still continue to treat Micah as a human being, which he is very much so, and love him as part of the family. I love him, even though I have never held him or met him.

Daron -

My heart is breaking for your family. There is truly nothing as painful as losing a child. I will pray that God's will is done in this situation knowing that He is the great physician and can perform miracles. I pray that Micah is born whole and healthy and serves as a true living miracle, a testament to the awesomeness of God.

My DH and I lost our first child during the second trimester. I went to the dr. on Friday and she made an offhanded comment about how this was going to be a normal, boring pregnancy because DH and I were so healthy. The following Tuesday my baby was gone. If God should choose to take Micah home, please, please, please allow your sister and her husband to grieve. Anyone who has not experienced this loss can truly not understand how much your arms ache for someone you never had the chance to hold. Also, as much as you can, protect her from the stupid comments that people make in trying to be consoling....like since there was something wrong it is for the best, etc....I didn't care whether there was something wrong with my baby, I loved that baby with all my heart and wanted that baby, perfect or not. My family is the type that you don't talk about such things so for the most part I bore my grief in silence and alone. I rejoice in the two children I have (both whom had pregnancy complications) but eleven years later I still miss the daughter that I didn't get to hold.

Sorry, not trying to be a Debbie-downer today :-(

Thanks, for the Duke trap link. I checked it out. Which trap has everyone here been having the best luck with?

All I've ever used are the live traps (which suck - mostly because you can't get the gun aimed effectively through them) and the Duke dog proof. But the Dukes seem to work pretty well. I have 4 and just last night the tally was 3 coons shot:

1 trap untouched
1 sprung but no coon
2 with coons (one had kits so I managed to get one of them, too, before they ran off)

I fill em with sardines and have them attached to those corkscrew-type dog tie out stakes.

Is she sitting on eggs? My muscovy duck is in the chicken coop sitting on eggs while I've removed all the ducks to the old beaten up duck pen. Mr Duck just wouldn't leave her alone. Now he's chasing after his children. Mrs Duck seems much, much happier. If you think she's safe from predators there, leave her.
I need some advice.

My muskovey hen has taken to living with the pigs. The first few nights we'd chase her out or take her out with the net, but for 2 nights now we've just let her stay in there. The pigs aren't bothered by her being in there and she seems to have no interest in being with the ducks. Do you think it's ok to just leave her there or should we clip her wings extra short and put up more wire to keep her out?

Wow, did I miss something? All the glamor shots as avatars?

Ya! It was me - I didn't get to Chickenstock and since I post here, I wanted to see who I'm chatting with and everyone has been so nice and co-operative! And I love to see you all. It's just for a couple of days (I think I will remember you all after that) and it's good for all the other visitors too.

Ya! It was me - I didn't get to Chickenstock and since I post here, I wanted to see who I'm chatting with and everyone has been so nice and co-operative! And I love to see you all. It's just for a couple of days (I think I will remember you all after that) and it's good for all the other visitors too.
I'm not posting a picture. The last time I did, everyone complained that my blinds were crooked.
roll.png

I'm back home from conducting a pond dipping exercise at MBG with a bunch of Montessori kids. We caught some crayfish and a good size live mussel in Flemming Creek. The kids were not allowed in the water but I had to be in so we could get the good stuff.
wink.png
When did kids get so squeamish about bugs, snails, plants, mud and muck? Even the 3 biology interns who shadowed us were grossed out. Heck, the muck was less than knee deep and we only found one leech.

RaZ, you'd love my son. He willingly took a dip in the stream there at CS. Said he found some weird looking lobsterlike things. I told him what they were, and he said he thought they were only down south ways. LOL. Nope kiddo. He used to be all grossed out by bugs and such, but now, he has hit the fascinated age, and I am grossed out. LOL

Not me Nova, I can't stand kids.
sickbyc.gif

The first crayfish we found was just a head, something had eaten it. I thought it was cool but the kids were grossed out. It was cool that we found and caught a live one.

Oh and the pouch snail was neat until they noticed that it was leaving slime on my hand. Ewww!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom