Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I came back to see if I could form a coherent thought now that the pickles are done and I don't have to worry about burning and over-canning things in the kitchen, but I'm whipped and it looks like Daron is logged off. I think I'll save the brain power for tomorrow. At this rate, I'm going to need it. 'Night all.

Beware of stalkers here on the forum.
Three of GC's finest were just here on a skunk report. They had print outs of several BYC posts and photos.
Having an obsessive stalker is kind of creepy.

Hmmm, they better be careful that they don't cross over into harassment. Because we add up to an awful lot of witnesses.
x 2 Besides, not that i like it but stuff posted on BYC belongs to BYC, copywrited! You can't just go taking pics off here, BYC should know. And yes, i would consider this harassment!

And speaking of pics..........................! Late night spamming:

I now have a trio of porcelain, and my millie "brat pack" of boys. This hen is uber tiny, and don't have a beard?

My best 2 babies, blue the roo and unnamed. Blue is going to be my backup roo. My porcelain's 1st egg!

The new girl, pretty poor shape. Had an over-dominant roo, my hen for color comparison. I don't think the new girl has a beard (been plucked bald there too) , but she looks like cocoa her 1st year color-wise, and lays the same blue egg. They even do the same grrt grrt talk, lol. Not friends yet though. :(

Last edited:
Do they have to be hatchery birds glad? I mean, maybe someone in the state may have some and be willing to meet you for a swap at some half way point?
Definately NOT.....but I also can't/shouldn't afford to have a 10 chick per type minimum @ $7 or $8 each, and THEN spend another $50 on shipping. I've searched and searched, and afaik, there was someone in the lansing-ish area that used to have blrs, and no one that posts regularly from what I can find.

Chance of rain tomorrow. Going to run the sprinkler in the morning so that HOPEFULLY if it rains it will actually be albe to soak in, and not just run off/puddle up on me. I'm soooo paranoid about deer getting into our garden right now. I know this is when they start getting into them, and everything is still looking pretty decent, despite the heat.

Last edited:
Fast update - gotta run to work.
Prayers for your sister Nova..good luck today Raz, Darron I hope your cow and sow are okay,.

Took my husband back to the ER yesterday at 8pm. His right leg is swollen from the knee down, and red. His left foot still has stitches in it- his appointment is today to recheck it again, but it hadnt healed all the way so she wouldnt take them out. Well, the er waited until midnight to call us back. I was worried it may be a blood clot. SO, they did ultrasound at one am to rule that out. Ruled it out, and admitted him for cellulitis- I got home at three thirty this morning. I have to be to work at seven, so i am about to head out and take his cellphone and charger and clean clothes up to him.

I hope my animals make it- gonna be a scorcher today. I would take all bunnies with me to work, but after work, I am going to the hospital and wouldnt have anywhere to put them.

Have a good day everyone.

This mornin' is starting out a little slow. Staying up til almost 3am reading could have something to do with the lack of enthusiasm. That plus the knowledge that it is probably going to be over 100 could have a lot to do with my lethargy. I had intended to go to a customer's house to work on their deck but I've decided that it can wait. Anyone who must work outside today needs to be extremely cautious.

Definately NOT.....but I also can't/shouldn't afford to have a 10 chick per type minimum @ $7 or $8 each, and THEN spend another $50 on shipping. I've searched and searched, and afaik, there was someone in the lansing-ish area that used to have blrs, and no one that posts regularly from what I can find.

Chance of rain tomorrow. Going to run the sprinkler in the morning so that HOPEFULLY if it rains it will actually be albe to soak in, and not just run off/puddle up on me. I'm soooo paranoid about deer getting into our garden right now. I know this is when they start getting into them, and everything is still looking pretty decent, despite the heat.
Theron has BLRW's. I have some from him. They are bantams but they are also beautiful.

Last edited:
Well hello there! I just put a sign on the street "young roos for sale". Crasigslist is free to post on. The auctions are ok, but, ceratin folks buy them up for food (good) but the people you'd least expect (my version of country good-ole-boys (rednecks) buy them up for bait and/or fighting. Hold a yard sale and put them out with the other stuff you don't need, lol! Take care. John
Hi John, how have you been? And your ACD? So do you need some Partridge Rock Roos? I know you do. I hate to have yard sales but I love to go to them. I could wait till Yoders in Clare though, thats in September lots and lots of people go there. I used to have a booth when I sold crafts. I think I will call Mr. Yoder today and get me a booth to sell my roo's and some pullets and some of my chickie crafts. If you havn't been and love good food lots and lots of used, new and unusual stuff you ought to go there.

Kimmie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom