Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another beautiful day in the UP, no rain unfortunately.

I use the extra large tomato cages and start pinching mine back when they reach over the top of the cage.

I don't think I would buy that tote for $23, whoever asked

Oh...I also forgot...

M2M - That darn Uggo was crowing this morning! Very proudly too. Dipped his uggo head to the ground and came up with a huuuuuge crow...several times. At least he sounds normal.
lau.gif
The only thing worse than an Uggo crow is the Uggo egg song. Those gals can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Disinfected my coop shoes,
Went shopping last night. BF asks "Peas? Why did you buy peas?"..."Ummm to eat." (For the chickens... that is also why I bought grapes)
hide.gif

camera is broke- I will try, oh wait- cellphone is broke and I have an antique loaner until new phone comes. You have to wait. Unless you want to come get them. I could take them to work with me and you can pick them up...

and Uggo fever is a GOOD thing to have :)
lol.png

Do I have to be a central meeting place again?
Maybe another BBQ on Saturday?

How is this for strange? Someone removed the light bulb from my front porch fixture.
If I only drove... I would have them already.
hmm.png

I will have to see about Sat... Maybe we could pic up the tank too.
What is going on over there? It truely boggles the mind what your neighbors are thinking.

And just for entertainment....our resident roo...Polo. He really can't see. Dumb question but do you leave the feather around their eyes alone? He only sees what's right under him and runs into things all the time. And while this is great entertainment for US, I feel a little sorry for him. Oh...as a side note I am NOT choking this chicken. Lol
lau.gif
Poor guy! I would trim them after taking a bunch of pics.
One plant is over 10' wide and I'm using 5 tomato cages to support it.
ep.gif
Crazy!! Good for you!
I find it interesting to weigh the eggs that I get. It started as a class project last term but now that I done with school, I'm still weighing and logging the data.

Does that make me a chicken nerd?
lau.gif
I can't wait to weigh eggs! And I, also, plan on keeping a log... Even got a binder to keep my data in!!!
But yes... we are chicken nerds LOL
Oh and Raz...in regards to the "are chickens pets" question. These pictures say it all. Feel free to print it out if you need to. My middle son...he is almost 11 and this is his chicken Cuddles.

love.gif
Awww!!!
love.gif

For those of you who asked about the status of Sebastian the skunk, I have good news.
I signed a deal with an Indy film company who is doing one of those animal adventure movies for kids. You know the type, a cat, a dog and a skunk go on some kind of adventure. They meet dragons or unicorns or something as they save the world from evil.

I met with the producer yesterday and she liked that he was tamed and trained and used to having people around him. They left yesterday to go back to Sundance for more training and film production. I get to go out and see the set in a few weeks. How cool is that?
cool.png

I did ask if they wanted to do a chicken movie, but she looked at me like I was crazy. She did say that if I got a raccoon to give her a call.

Whoda thunk this orphanarium would pay off?

RaZ - my kids are listening to that story with their mouths open.

Then my daughter says, ' I love how chicken people just assume that everyone will be excited about chickens!' Hey, I think an Uggo movie is a GREAT idea!

RaZ - my kids are listening to that story with their mouths open.

Then my daughter says, ' I love how chicken people just assume that everyone will be excited about chickens!' Hey, I think an Uggo movie is a GREAT idea!
When they said they were coming, I thought that they would fly in to Metro. That's the big airport and it is close to me. Instead they flew into Flint Bishop so I had to drive up there.

Funny thing is, they flew to Detroit Metro first, then to Bishop. Somehow that is less expensive.
idunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom