Status
Not open for further replies.
I am

SO, anyway, have a great night all.

lau.gif
Have a great night!

WOW. So I will start the week with no geese and by the end of it I'll have 3
celebrate.gif

Now we have to do some rearranging, moving, cleaning and organizing. Those darned turkeys make things difficult around here since they have to be by themselves!

I posted it on Facebook. I bet it won't be long before my neighbor says "More animals??". He says that jokingly. I'm really lucky that I have a great neighbor. REALLY lucky. He grows two large gardens and no one in his family will eat out of it. First of all they aren't veggie eaters, at least not from a garden. They have to spend horrible amounts of money on "organic" food. They also won't eat out of it because his daughter started this thing last year (med students are the WORST) by saying all these chemicals are put into poultry feed. WHAT? Even after I emailed her the MSU writeup about how all that stuff hasn't been used in ..forever...she still won't eat anything out of the garden because he used some of our bird waste in the soil. Ugh, whatever.

But that's ok. He grows just about anything in those gardens. Lately he's been picking stuff, cutting it up, freezing it and feeding it to the birds. YAY. It's saved a lot on our feed bill lately (yes they still get regular feed!) and helps keep them cool! Tom also likes to come over here and just talk to the birds. At least he can't think we're crazy when we talk to them like our kids! lol

So I guess I better draw up some plans. I've had geese before but not in at least 12 years so I'm VERY excited!! For those that remember my beloved Sunny with the deformed beak (from Vicki 2x2), one of the geese is like her. She was my heart and she died last fall. No one knew how old she was (Vicki rescued her then msg'd and asked me to take her and 5 others) so it could have been old age. She just laid down to take a nap and never woke up
hit.gif

Hmm, Aric and I have been trying to save some grass, not putting any animals on one side of our property. That may have to change
wee.gif

Oh, now that I've rambled on (can you tell I can't sleep??? lol) if anyone has any birds (not all males please) they need to re-home in the Sheridan/Hubbardston/Greenville areas please let me know. My nephew has lost a lot of birds to what I think is just heat. I'm trying to teach him how to keep poultry and I gave him numerous birds, several of which have died. Maybe he needs older ones. He's only interested in chickens and ducks at this point. He doesn't have much money but he and his wife are very good people. They have a few kids too so hopefully I can find him some that are good with kids.

Ok I'll shut up now LOL

Good Morning everyone!

First my camera died, then my phone died and then my keyboard died. Finally got a new phone, and no idea how to use this i-phone but I figure I will get it, eventually.
Got a new keyboard! Now I can return to my cyber-world,,,yay me!
Happy belated birthday, Robin!
I always tell people I am older, as well- makes me feel better. lol
Prayers for those little kids.
I'm a step mom and Thank the Lord above, my husband took on my three as his own. Not all step situations are bad. I DID put my kids first when I remarried, that's why I remarried. I can provide better for them by being with someone than I could have alone. There are horrible situations out there, and there are good situations.. up to the parent to decide which is which.

John, Clover is fine. No chicken casualties either. I pulled weeds on Saturday, then had a head cold on Sunday- must be allergies. Life goes on. Yesterday, seem to be suffering some kind of heat-related asthma...miserable, but again, Life goes on. Hopefully, today is easier to breathe.
Yay for Uggos and Yay for Silkie survival and silkie eggs.
Whoever asked, lots of people eat their chickens. Im a hypocrite, and I dont- but I dont have a problem with those that do. I just cant do it.

Another long day at work today, but at least its air-conditioned. You all have a great day!

Good Morning everyone!

First my camera died, then my phone died and then my keyboard died. Finally got a new phone, and no idea how to use this i-phone but I figure I will get it, eventually.
Got a new keyboard! Now I can return to my cyber-world,,,yay me!
I'm a step mom and Thank the Lord above, my husband took on my three as his own. Not all step situations are bad. I DID put my kids first when I remarried, that's why I remarried. I can provide better for them by being with someone than I could have alone. There are horrible situations out there, and there are good situations.. up to the parent to decide which is which.

John, Clover is fine. No chicken casualties either. I pulled weeds on Saturday, then had a head cold on Sunday- must be allergies. Life goes on. Yesterday, seem to be suffering some kind of heat-related asthma...miserable, but again, Life goes on. Hopefully, today is easier to breathe.
Yay for Uggos and Yay for Silkie survival and silkie eggs.
Whoever asked, lots of people eat their chickens. Im a hypocrite, and I dont- but I dont have a problem with those that do. I just cant do it.

Another long day at work today, but at least its air-conditioned. You all have a great day!

TAke care of those allergies and YOU have a good day!

Good Morning everyone!
Good morning Kim. Thank you. I'm going to start telling people I am older lol.
I agree with the stepchild thing. Not all situations are bad. Same here as with you. My husband took on my three kids like they were his own and 32 years later if you ask any one of my kids who their dad is they will tell you him. My daughter is 39 years old and hasn't seen her real dad since she was 7 (he only lives 2 miles from me). She just hates him. When I left him she had a pony and he gave it away before I could get a fence up. She has never forgiven him. My grandson by her is 17 years old and he has NEVER seen or talked to him. I kept telling him that the kids would remember things and he wouldn't believe me. None of my kids will acknowledge him now.But they all sure do love their step-dad.

Here is an interesting blog by a canadian guy who calls himself Mike the Chicken Vet

http://mikethechickenvet.wordpress.com/tag/backyard-chickens/
Very good, made me want to run out and treat for Cocci weather we need it or not, good thing it is so dry out there,
When I fed my birds tonight Mrs Duck ran out of the coop to eat, I checked inside hoping to find my first chicken egg of the year (no luck) and saw a broken duck egg. Since she decided to have her nest next to the pop door I figured it was inevitable that someone would step in the nest and crush an egg or two. So I picked it up to throw it out and discovered the birdie inside was breathing and had little wet yellow feathers. Apparently, it was pipped and zipped. I never did remember to write down when she started setting, I guess it was longer ago than I thought.
ep.gif

Hi today was 96.4. At least it didn't hit the 102 prediction!
that is so SWEET how is the baby doing?
jumpy.gif

lau.gif
thumbsup.gif

Awesome! Thank for sharing!

Crazy! That's neat though! Is the little one ok?

Nova: Sorry about the critter...glad everyone is ok! :)

Are there people on BYC who keep chickens and ducks for meat and eggs...I have questions about that kind of stuff but it seems everyone has them as pets. Our duckies will be pets...but what do you do with your laying hens once they get old and don't lay anymore? I mean, my first thought is...mmm, chicken and dumplings...but then I think...could I eat a lovely little lady that I named and got to know for several years? Do I just always think of her as food? I am still really new to all this. lol.
Yes many eat there old hens, I have only eaten meat birds, don't know if I would want to eat any of my hens, you do get attached
love.gif

Good morning Kim. Thank you. I'm going to start telling people I am older lol.
I agree with the stepchild thing. Not all situations are bad. Same here as with you. My husband took on my three kids like they were his own and 32 years later if you ask any one of my kids who their dad is they will tell you him. My daughter is 39 years old and hasn't seen her real dad since she was 7 (he only lives 2 miles from me). She just hates him. When I left him she had a pony and he gave it away before I could get a fence up. She has never forgiven him. My grandson by her is 17 years old and he has NEVER seen or talked to him. I kept telling him that the kids would remember things and he wouldn't believe me. None of my kids will acknowledge him now.But they all sure do love their step-dad.
good and bad in most situations. Best I think to REALLY take your time the 2nd time around...to many people seem to end up with the same kind of person they just left.....

got my little hen with a bumble bandaged up with iodine and sugar. hope it works her other foot looked a little pink so she has both feet bandaged. put her on the people side of the fence so she doesn't get harassed and can take it easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom