Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 6th night in a row I've had hiccups late at night.

I can't sleep. Partially because I've had severe pain in my feet for a while but also because I'm getting 3 geese tomorrow!!! We've done some rearranging for the time being til we can get some stuff built to house them. I'm SO excited. KrisRose and chickflick are awesome to bring them to me!!!

I just checked my email and got the shock of my life!!

For those that are new, long story short, my dad found my long lost brother that he hasn't seen since he was 3 years old. They've been communicating for the last year and my dad went out to see him a couple of months ago. Well, my dad kept me up to date on their communication but he never gave me his email or phone number.

Recently I was given access to a paid account on Ancestry.com and guess who was on there! So I wrote to him, introduced myself and made it very short. That was a month ago. He wrote to me tonight! He's coming here next month and I'll FINALLY GET TO MEET MY BROTHER!!!

Now I really won't be able to sleep LOL

Last edited:

But guess what i'm having???

Er... eggs being fertilized by sperm?
hu.gif

Keyt - That is awesome!

hu.gif

Keyt - That is awesome!
lau.gif

A couple thoughts from a newbie:
My Silkie "Quoth" is the only chicken that I don't have to chase to catch. I just bend down and scoop her up with one hand. All the other chickens protest with various degrees of outrage when held; Quoth is content. When I give old kitchen scraps to the chickens, she can't find a piece under her nose, and if she manages to find one, it takes her so long to decide to eat it that it's long gone before she decides it's edible. She is great as a fun little creature distantly related to the chicken. She would survive about three seconds in the wild.
On mortgages: ours is in trouble (recession), the mortgage company threatened foreclosure then offered to make an adjustment. In one bunch of papers they sent us, they included, very much by mistake, an internal document recommending that our interest rate (which is over 7 percent) be cut to 3 percent and our monthly payment be reduced.
What they actually offered us was the same interest rate and doubled the monthly payment.
To add insult to injury, their legal firm then sent us a foreclosure notice by mistake. The notice came late on a Friday so we believed all weekend that we were foreclosed. After many phone calls on Monday, they admitted it was a "clerical error."
Fun! But we still have a house and each other. And chickens. All is well. (and we eat a lot of beans.)
We recently refinanced- lowered our payment and added fifteen years to our debt. It stinks, but I think most people do not have a choice. Ours was because really, the credit union does not want our house- too many repairs would be needed and not worth what is owed. So, they came up with this plan and my husband jumped on it.
Oh, tiny funny story. I was putting my bantams in the fenced yard and our d'uccle roo, who is getting a bit challenge-y lately, scuttled up to the fence like 'bring it, lady'. So I leaned down, gave him a look and went 'boo!' with a flash of hands. He jumped 3 feet straight up and ran away. It was so hilarious.
lau.gif

GOoD MORNING all,,,,, LOVE THE RAIN

Fuzzy I do agree with you one worm I don't think is covered is Strongyles,,,, CG's vet said to use Fenbendazole, it is in Safegaurd for goats and other horse paste meds. they suck blood and kill fast,,,Not sure Iver-on wont kill them. but some times you need something stronger or maybe just to change off so as not to cause and immunity to one or the other
A couple thoughts from a newbie:
My Silkie "Quoth" is the only chicken that I don't have to chase to catch. I just bend down and scoop her up with one hand. All the other chickens protest with various degrees of outrage when held; Quoth is content. When I give old kitchen scraps to the chickens, she can't find a piece under her nose, and if she manages to find one, it takes her so long to decide to eat it that it's long gone before she decides it's edible. She is great as a fun little creature distantly related to the chicken. She would survive about three seconds in the wild.
wonder if she is blind? all my chicks are freindly and come running when I come into the yard , they don't yell once picked up, but prefer NOT to be picked up

I re-set my trap again. Last night something came around, took my bait and triggered the trap, but managed to get away.

Oh, tiny funny story. I was putting my bantams in the fenced yard and our d'uccle roo, who is getting a bit challenge-y lately, scuttled up to the fence like 'bring it, lady'. So I leaned down, gave him a look and went 'boo!' with a flash of hands. He jumped 3 feet straight up and ran away. It was so hilarious.
live trap? some times the arm is set to tight or there is grass or dirt under the "step" thing and it doesn't set off the trap,

would love to have see your little roo
lau.gif

This is the 6th night in a row I've had hiccups late at night.

I can't sleep. Partially because I've had severe pain in my feet for a while but also because I'm getting 3 geese tomorrow!!! We've done some rearranging for the time being til we can get some stuff built to house them. I'm SO excited. KrisRose and chickflick are awesome to bring them to me!!!

I just checked my email and got the shock of my life!!

For those that are new, long story short, my dad found my long lost brother that he hasn't seen since he was 3 years old. They've been communicating for the last year and my dad went out to see him a couple of months ago. Well, my dad kept me up to date on their communication but he never gave me his email or phone number.

Recently I was given access to a paid account on Ancestry.com and guess who was on there! So I wrote to him, introduced myself and made it very short. That was a month ago. He wrote to me tonight! He's coming here next month and I'll FINALLY GET TO MEET MY BROTHER!!!

Now I really won't be able to sleep LOL
congratulations on finding your brother,,, and good luck,,, my SIL and her brother were adopted together, there were other sib.(she didn't know about) but by the time they were put up for adoption, Magt.'s new dad was sick (soon passed) and mom couldn't take the others. her sister looked her up many yrs later and they had a wonderful reunion, funny thing is they were both teachers
lau.gif

We recently refinanced- lowered our payment and added fifteen years to our debt. It stinks, but I think most people do not have a choice. Ours was because really, the credit union does not want our house- too many repairs would be needed and not worth what is owed. So, they came up with this plan and my husband jumped on it.
lau.gif
there are so many people that got caught in the 'great house drop" now upside down,with lesser $$ jobs and needing help,, hope those in this position have banks that will work with them. some just try to screw you more
It's raining, it's pouring, it's 5:15 in the morning! I am all alone, where is my phone, cuz this thread is really boring...
Hehe. No, really. It is raining. Thunder and lightning too.
celebrate.gif

Just stopping to tell M2M that not on,y does that Uggo have a very nice crow now...although his form is hilarious...he seriously has the smoothest rooster dance to lure in the ladies. They don't even see him coming when he snuggles up to them then BAM! Tries to pounce. Lol

Originally Posted by fuzzybutt love

But guess what i'm having???

hu.gif
That's what I was thinking! Or fuzzy flan?

Yesterday's rain mostly slipped right by above us, a few tails dropped down to tease us and make things damp.

Last night's rain mostly slipped right by below us with a couple of tendrils reaching north and one largish mass that grew over TC finally making it here. Still I figure we only got about 1/4" of rain out of it.
barnie.gif
But it looks like Alpena and environs and the central part and thumb must have gotten a pretty good soaker. Yes, I'm jealous! My GF is here with her GF and today we are heading down to Frankenmuth and then downriver. Tomorrow they want to do the Ford Factory tour. So that's where I'll be if y'all start wondering where I got to.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom