Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are specially marked fertile. Regular kroger ones won't hatch
tongue.png
these SHOULD. If not, idk what I'll do
sad.png

I don't think they will unless they have been left at room temp...I think they are marked fertile so people are aware...some people have "issues" with eating fertilized eggs (like they would know the difference if they didn't know what to look for!) Good luck though!

My "much older brother" is 51...my youngest brother is 11! My dad is 70 though so there is a wide range of us in between...I'm smack dab in the middle at 28. :)
I wish we had a whole foods around here...I think the closest one is an hour south...the eggs are refridgerated though aren't there? I didn't think they would hatch once they were refridgerated...who knows though! lol! Good luck!
WOW!

Nope, no store around here named that. I don't think grocery store eggs will hatch will they ? Why don't you get fertile eggs from someone on here ?
There's a whole BYC thread on hatching (or trying to hatch) grocery store eggs. The best results seemed to be if you could catch the eggs right as they're being delivered so they don't sit in the cooler for days. Major big-brands, no luck. Local brands, sometimes. If you buy eggs on the side of the road from a small chickenkeeper, they're likely fertile and fresh and ready to incubate.

Someday my chickens will produce eggs, and they'll be fertile whether I like it or not. So if you want some really weird mixes, I'll have them.

There are a few threads about hatchind store bought eggs. Some are experiments from 4-H kids!
I think it would be neat to try.
I guess the best results come from recent dates on the cartons and letting the eggs warm up to room tepm before incubating...
It is a good idea if you are trying to get layers. (white eggs)
They do sell blue/ brown/ maran eggs too!

Yep yep. People have done it ! Also with trader joes. Lots and lots of.trader joes... And yes. They were left.out for 14 hours to reach room temp.

PS fuzzybutt
I think those were zuchinni
I did think they were eggs with worms in them or something at first! LOL
But you were talking about batter... Mmmm Send some my way!... Zuchs not worms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom